Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agilent SureSelect exome enrichment bed file

I was wondering where can I donwload the bed file for the Agilent SureSelect exome enrichment for human. Someone has mentioned eArray web site. Doesn anyone know what keywords should I use to find the correct array design in eArray? Or I can get it from somewhere else?

Got the answer from Agilent informatics support. The bed files are available from SureDesign web site, which can be seen from the eArray entry page. The downloaded bed files have 3 tracks: "Target Regions", "Probes" and "Covered Probes". Now the question is which one of these should be used as the exome target file for variant calling programs e.g. GATK?

Comment

This is an old topic, but I think you should use the "Target Regions" for variant calling in GATK, as the GATK walkers will not want to look at just the probes or covered probes when calling variants from the entire exome. I am also looking for this .bed file in eArray, but I get only one file titled "RNA Capture Human Kinome" following instructions from http://www.biostars.org/p/5187/#18071 . May you please let me know how you found the "Target Regions" track?
      Last edited by jjmmii; 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM. Reason: syntax inconsistency

Comment

The .bed files are available in SureDesign website. You can find the link of it on eArray entry page. Your eArray login can be used to login to SureDesign. When you have the .bed files, you will see the tracks.

Comment

I found it, thank you so much!
          For anyone interested, after logging in to SureDesign, click on "Find Designs" and choose your kit, then you will be able to see the default catalogs for download.

Comment

Can I also find them if I haven't made a design myself?

I have some exome data from collagues enriched with SureSelect v4, sequenced by BGI. Can I just download the designfiles somewhere from the Agilent website, without logging in?

Comment

Originally posted by ddaneels View Post
              Can I also find them if I haven't made a design myself?

I have some exome data from collagues enriched with SureSelect v4, sequenced by BGI. Can I just download the designfiles somewhere from the Agilent website, without logging in?
              You don't need a design by yourslef to get the files of SureSelect v4. You just need to login to the SureDesign web site. The account is free. If you can download the files from somewhere else, I don't know.

Comment

Hey yl01 & jjmmi,

I hope you guys are experts in NGS,especially exome sequencing by now.

I am a kind of amateur and little expert, did part of analysis of my exome data.

This is what i followed til now.

a) alignment by BWA
                b) convert to BAM, sort, index using samtools
                c) remove pcr duplicates by picard.
                d) next i need to use GATK for indel recalibration, BQSR & i am not sure of how to implement this agilent exon bed file at this stage of analysis.

Hope you guys could help me out from my (d) step onwards, kindly respond to me in detail.

Thank you,
                Vishnu.

Comment

Hey yl01 & jjmmi,

I hope you guys are experts in NGS,especially exome sequencing by now.

I am a kind of amateur and little expert, did part of analysis of my exome data.

This is what i followed til now.

a) alignment by BWA
                  b) convert to BAM, sort, index using samtools
                  c) remove pcr duplicates by picard.
                  d) next i need to use GATK for indel recalibration, BQSR & i am not sure of how to implement this agilent exon bed file at this stage of analysis.

Hope you guys could help me out from my (d) step onwards, kindly respond to me in detail.

Thank you,
                  Vishnu.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses