No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger size TruSeq nano prep

Hello,
    I followed the protocol for the 550bp size TruSeq nano library preparation but my final libraries were much larger than the expected 670bp average size (see attached pic).

Has anyone else come across larger than expected libraries?
    Do you have any advice as to what may have happened?

Thanks in advance,
    Anna.
    Attached Files

I also saw a larger than expected product. I ran the Covaris to shear at 500 bp, and the final libraries had Bioanalyzer peaks at 780 bp. I don't have an explanation.

Comment

Truseq pcr free libraries do run larger on a BA due to the tailed adapters but I have not seen this before with nano libraries. One explanation my be incomplete mixing of the size selection beads meaning that the incorrect amount of beads were added to the cleanup and a poor size selection. Might also be an idea to run the sheared samples on the BA before cleanup to check the size distribution from the shearing.

Comment

Hello, I asked Illumina tech support and they said to try diluting the libraries as the chip looked to be overloaded. I made a 1 in 20 dilution and repeated the chip. An example of a trace is attached. The average size has gone down by around 100bp but it's still not the 670bp average stated in the manual. I have sent tech support these diluted library results and asked if they think they will sequence.

Anna.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem. I make a change on the fragmentation protocol whit covaris (from a 550 pb insert to a 400 pb insert) but the mean size was almost the same (900 bp aprox.). I think that could be a problem on the size selection. Any help?. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,
            It's a size selection issue. The protocol doesn't need to be altered, just make sure your SP beads are vortexed a lot (I mean a lot!). I usually mix them in between each sample prep as a pre-caution. Also we've found that the libraries run larger on the tapestation in comparison to the bioanalyser. Libraries usually look around 50bp larger on the tapestation. When the insert sizes are checked in the analysis stage, they are usually around the right size.

All the best,
            Anna.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses