Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia drivers login loop plus flickering/blinking screen-Ubuntu 18.04 Linux

Got stuck in the login loop. I hard restarted the computer....went into the terminal and was having some path issues (I wanted to uninstall nvidia drivers). Ended up rebooting thru the terminal--it took me to the option of restarting in recovery mode, which I did. However, now when I try to go back into the terminal (ctl+alt+F3), the screen is blinking/flickering. So it is very difficult to enter in my username, not to mention the impossibility of typing in the password.

What can I do to fix this or at least get back into the terminal? I'll note that this all happened immediately after a MinIon run stopped, so if there's any way/need to do a backup, that would be great, too.

Also, if you have any permanent ways to fix the nvidia drivers--I'm all ears.

Can you login via ssh from another computer to avoid the flickering?
    Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Is that something I would need to have already set up? I've never done that before.

Comment

It depends on the installation. On a mac laptop, open your terminal and
        ssh [email protected]s (with your username and your server's IP address) and then give your password. On a PC/chromebook get a ssh chrome plugin and do the same.
        Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

I don't know our computer's IP address. Found directions for accessing it via the BIOs settings; however, I don't seem to have the IPMI configuration option & didn't manage to find it elsewhere. So maybe I can't do this since I've never set up remote access before? Do you know somewhere else where I could find my IP address (while I'm still "locked out?")?

The Oracle Sun Fire X2270 M2 Server Installation Guide provides information and procedures for the initial hardware setup of your server.

Comment

Sorry, that's out of my area. Your IT support might know it if it is a static IP, or have a way to look it up from the jack if it is assigned.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses