• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roche soft Error: "At least one read sequence...."

Hello to everyone.

I am facing very strange mistake, that is:

"Error: At least one read sequence must be present in the project
    in order to proceed with mapping or assembly."

in RefMapper and in DeNovo, too. I never had it before. I am trying to map two biggest contigs from de novo to a vector sequence... But the run simply does not start... I can't find the description for the mistake in SEQanswers, as well.

Can anyone help, please???!!!

About the "Roche soft Error"

Hi torbean,

Did you get this problem solved? I encountered the same problem now and have no clue how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

What about providing some info?

Which version of Roche Suite? OS?
      What kind of input data? Dataset size?
      How has the gsMapper been invoked? Command line? GUI?
      More surrounding text with the error message?

Sven

Comment

I partially figured out why the error message: the reads are from Illumina, thus shorter than 50bp. But I read manual for Newbler 2.8, which is the one I am using under Linux x86_64, parameter '-short' is suppose to force the program to take in shorter reads. However, I still got the same error message even with
        '-short'. Input data is in fastq file, pair-end, total 170M (each reads is 48bp). Command line, very simple: runAssembly -o outfolder -short fqfile1 fqfile2. I even played with -mi and -ml parameters, not helping. Any suggestions?

Comment

hmm, not really. Probably some clipping cuts down the reads below 20bp?
          Maybe you can see more if you use '-verbose'?

Just curious, why do you want to use newbler for denovo assembly of quite short illumina reads?
          There are other assemblers like SOAPdenovo, velvet among others ...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses