Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HG19 Genome/Exome Visualisation

I want to visualise my Paired-End reads (.bam/.sam) files against the human HG19 genome. Does anyone know if their is a tool that is able to show the whole genome/mapped reads at once? (Preferable circular images). Or is it perhaps possible to show the mapped reads (.bam/.sam) against an whole Exome (exon regions defined in a .bed file).

Thanks a lot

HG19 Genome/Exome Visualisation

Take a look at IGV from the Broad for browsing your data.

Comment

I did, but IGV did not work for me to visualise my whole genome at once. I'm only able to view small pieces at a time when zooming in.

Comment

What do you want to plot across the whole genome at once? Copy number? Average coverage/megabase?

Comment

Originally posted by sdavis View Post
          What do you want to plot across the whole genome at once? Copy number? Average coverage/megabase?
          I want to plot my mapped reads (.bam/.sam) against the whole hg19 genome, or whole hg19 exome (regions defined in .bed files) to see the total coverage. And I like that to have in 1 image. (example: http://www.circos.ca/images/scientif...s-epilepsy.png). But i'm not sure if there are tools like those that accept .sam/.bam/.bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Puhekupla View Post
            I want to plot my mapped reads (.bam/.sam) against the whole hg19 genome, or whole hg19 exome (regions defined in .bed files) to see the total coverage. And I like that to have in 1 image. (example: http://www.circos.ca/images/scientif...s-epilepsy.png). But i'm not sure if there are tools like those that accept .sam/.bam/.bed.
            The figure in the link above is to a plot of processed data. Once you determine what you want to show, circos/rcircos could be used to plot the data. However, simply plotting all of your alignments from your BAM file (even if software existed to do so) would not be very fruitful since your BAM file probably has tens of millions of reads, making visualization of the reads impossible.

This comes down to you having to think about what you want the plot to show first (realistically). Once you know that, you can define what tools will be best suited to the job.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
              Yesterday, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses