No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strong 140bp peak following RNA library construction

Hello all,
    I have created an illumina truseq library on bacteria by first performing ribozero rRNA depletion kit and then performing a truseq stranded mRNA prep while skipping the poly-A selection reaction. my libraries are complete and in cDNA format. i have run a DNA 1000 bioanalyzer assay to visualize the libraries. we see the desired ~260 bp library peak but in every sample there is also a strong ~140bp sharp peak which I think will throw off my molarity calculations (what i'm actually thinking about is proper flow cell cluster density), if it is say, a product of the library prep which cannot form clusters. in certain circumstances it seems to be in much higher concentration than the fragments that i want to sequence. does anyone know what this ~140bp sharp peak is in every sample and i'm also interested to know if there is some way of accounting for this when i do my normalization dilutions pre-pooling. thank you
    Attached Files

The band is adaptor dimers. They form clusters. Use gel or bead purification to remove.

Comment

Hi HESmith. thanks for your input. the library construction finishes with two separate ampure xp bead purifications. do you think it is worth performing again?

Comment

You don't need to perform the bead cleanup/size selection to remove the larger fragments, just the smaller fragments, but you do need to remove them because they will take over a large portion of your sequencing run. You really shouldn't have ended up with so much adapter dimer in the first place - be very careful about adding the correct amount of beads.

Comment

It seems that duel index adapters has been used and clean up has been inefficient in removing excess adapters. The best way will be to tackle it after adapter ligation by reducing clean up bead ratio.

These libraries can be cleaned up one more time. To avoid over clustering due to adapter-dimers you need to use a region covering adapter-dimers as well for average size calculation.

Comment

I wonder what brand of beads you have used for clean ups and if they have been used according to TruSeq protocol.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
            • seqadmin
              The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
              by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
              02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
            0 responses