SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to convert blastn output file to sam/bam federica.r Bioinformatics 10 07-15-2015 11:36 AM
bioedit vs blastn results kaps General 4 06-02-2015 05:37 AM
blastn - qcovs field - or how to parse results based on % coverage of query sequence TabeaK Bioinformatics 5 07-01-2014 08:51 PM
Blastn Results - analysis NGS_New_User Bioinformatics 4 02-17-2014 07:43 AM
How can I tell if 454 PE sequences in fasta file format have already been separated? ekgough 454 Pyrosequencing 2 08-12-2013 01:50 AM

Old 02-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Ivalize

Default Blastn results in separated file

I hope it is not a repeated question, check it and none resolved my problem (according to me)

I using local Blastn with my own database (many genomes) v/s different genes (query separately, for example recA gen v/s 100 genomes).My final idea is: put the sequence of all genes tested or reviewed in a concatenated sequence and perform phylogeny.

Until now, I get the name-genome and sequences with:

-outfmt "6 salltitles sseq"

And I get the sequence manually and I'm adding it to a .fasta file of the corresponding genome ... very slow and exhausting.

There is some way to obtain the sequences in fasta format and with their corresponding name in separate files for all matches.

Thnks.
Ivalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:37 AM   #2
GenoMax

Your best bet is to extract the accession numbers of hits you are interested in from your blast output and then use the "blastbdbcmd" utility to retrieve the sequences from your blast database.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote