No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPKM threshold estimation

Dear All,

I have a doubt in the calculation of False postitive rate while checking for FPKM threshold in a RNAseq experiment.

Following the method previously published (http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/...l.pcbi.1000598). I am not getting desired results.

I followed the method as mentioned the publication

Reads were mapped to Ensembl genes (blue) and intergenic background regions (red). The intergenic regions were matched to have the same length distribution and no ESTs mapping within regions. We binned the expressions of all genes and background regions across human tissues. We zoomed in on the effects at expression spanning between 0.01 to 10 RPKM for clarity. Bins were converted to cumulative amounts of genes expressed above the expression levels for genes and controls cum_background; A false discovery rate fdr was calculated at each expression level, i, as:
    fdri=cum_backgroundi/cum_genesi * (1-cum_genesi)/(1-cum_backgroundi).

I am confused over the fact that cum_background and cum_genes stand for the cumulative count of genes or they are the fraction of cumulative gene counts falling under each bin.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses