Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Bio releases some details on SMRT Sequencer read lengths, library prep

Our friends over at In Sequence posted a very interesting article containing details from Pacific Biosciences regarding their much anticipated third-gen uber-sequencer.

I certainly don't want to steal their scoop so I won't go into detail here...I encourage you to visit their site as it's the first detailed look at what PB may offer as soon as 2010.

Some points include long (Sanger-sized) or short reads, and five minute run times!

UPDATED: In Sequence open access article here and above. Thanks to the editors at In Sequence for creating the open access link and for permission to repost.

In sequence subscription is the issue
    --
    bioinfosm

Comment

I know. I'm not sure I feel right about posting info that is their site's core value.

Plus they are very nice people. Perhaps I'll write a summary later today.

EDIT: Just updated the first post with an open-access link to the article. Thanks to the editors of In Sequence for creating the link and permission to post.

Comment

good job Eco!

Other articles possible as well *greedy me*
        --
        bioinfosm

Comment

I spent half the morning running around trying to find someone with a subscription... Thanks to In Sequence for allowing this article to be released as open access, and thanks for posting the link, ECO!
          The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
            good job Eco!

Other articles possible as well *greedy me*
            Originally posted by apfejes View Post
            I spent half the morning running around trying to find someone with a subscription... Thanks to In Sequence for allowing this article to be released as open access, and thanks for posting the link, ECO!
            Believe it or not, In Sequence is open access to education users. The editor told me the process is currently a bit clunky and they are working on that, but it's definitely possible now.

Comment

Heh... I guess I should have spent more time trying to navigate their site than to find someone who already had access. Old habits die hard, I suppose.

One more publication to add to the reading list, then!
              The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses