Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sisch View Post
    Yes, I was speaking of 64bit. My assumption was that in the field of NGS no one would still run 32bit.
    Maybe I'm wrong ... don't know ...

Simon
    1, Then the URL you gave doesn't have 64 bit downloading there, which confuses me.

2, In the field of NGS lots of people still don't able to tell the difference between 32 bit OS and 64 bit. When I did my porting of samtools to X64, people complain that it doesn't run on their Windows.

Best,

dong

Comment

Originally posted by xied75 View Post
      1, Then the URL you gave doesn't have 64 bit downloading there, which confuses me.
      Sorry for the confusion, I have to withdraw my suggestion of using Notepad++ for large files. It seems my mind extrapolated too much of my memory I checked back on my windows machine (which I'm not using too often):
      1) Notepad2 was the 64bit program I had in mind.
      2) But Notepad2 doesn't open large files either (I also found Vim for windows installed, so I think I used that for the 25GB file I mentioned)
      3) Notepad++ was on my mind, because I did all the downstream stuff with it (opens files up to ~700MB).

Originally posted by xied75 View Post
      2, In the field of NGS lots of people still don't able to tell the difference between 32 bit OS and 64 bit. When I did my porting of samtools to X64, people complain that it doesn't run on their Windows.
      I have to keep that in mind.

Comment

I have used LTP Viewer, if you want to quickly view a large file as well as search within it, but not much as an editor.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses