SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PubMed: Saliva samples are a viable alternative to blood samples as a source of DNA f Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-07-2013 12:20 AM
Sequencing DNA/RNA of 4 genes of interest in multiple samples (n=50)? Thomas Hartjes Sample Prep / Library Generation 6 11-11-2011 10:43 AM
PubMed: Massively Parallel Sequencing of Pooled DNA Samples--The Next Generation of M Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-12-2010 02:01 AM
PubMed: Deep sequencing to reveal new variants in pooled DNA samples. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-21-2009 02:02 AM

Old 08-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
Vinn

Default Please help! DNA samples for whole genome sequencing

Hi folks,

I have extracted DNA from fungi for whole genome sequencing (Truseq PCR free with 350 bp insert and HiSeq 2500 PE) using a kit. The extraction went smooth until I realized at the end that I treated my samples with only half of the recommended amount for RNase A (2 ul of 10 mg/ml instead of 2 ul of 20 mg/ml). I tried checking the DNA samples on 1% agarose and following is the gel image with 100-1000 bp ladder.

I am not sure there are RNA bands (very faint though) at around 100-200 bp. Do you think my DNA samples are good enough to go for whole genome sequencing without additional treatments? Or shall I try to treat them with RNase A again? Unfortunately, I run out of fresh samples.

I appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

Best
Vinn
Vinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
jdk787
josh kinman

These look fine. Even if you have some RNA in your sample it won't make into your final library after fragmentation and ligation steps.
jdk787 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dna extraction, rna dna contamination, whole genome sequencing