SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mixing amplicon and (meta)genomic libraries on one sequencing chip? Mabeuf General 2 05-25-2016 08:56 AM
DESeq v1.12.0 estimateDispersions function: pooled-CR vs pooled adumitri Bioinformatics 1 05-03-2013 03:23 PM
Mixing libraries with different insert lengths in a lane MesutOezil Illumina/Solexa 4 04-22-2013 11:37 AM
Mixing old and new kits jschluet Illumina/Solexa 3 03-31-2011 09:20 AM
Target enrichment from pooled libraries gendxdoc Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 12-23-2010 04:40 AM

Old 05-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #1
namtran93

Default Mixing pooled libraries at the same time

Hello everyone,

I am a new member of SEQanswers. I am planning to run MiniSeq system for the first time. Unluckily, I have a big problem. My pooled library is a combination of 2 kinds of library, which were prepared by 2 library preps kits. The first one is Nextera XT and the second one is NEB Ultra II. The problem is that they have different lengths in index sequences. Nextera XT indexes contain 8 nucleotides, meanwhile NEB Ultra II was designed with only 6 nucleotide. How can I run those libraries at the same time, on the same flow cell. Please help me!!!
namtran93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:22 AM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

Easiest way is to add two bases to NEB index from adapter sequences and run indexing read for 8 cycles. If you are able to use bcl2fastq software you can also demultiplex at two stages once for Nextera index and once for NEB by masking cycle 7 and 8 of index.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #3
namtran93

Default Re:nucacidhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucacidhunter View Post
Easiest way is to add two bases to NEB index from adapter sequences and run indexing read for 8 cycles. If you are able to use bcl2fastq software you can also demultiplex at two stages once for Nextera index and once for NEB by masking cycle 7 and 8 of index.
Thank you for you ideal. As your suggestion, the bases of "the modified indexes" are identical. Is it possible? The expert of Illumina told me that in particular cycle (used to read indexes), the signal must be different at least 1 of total indexes.
namtran93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

Yu need to write down Nextera indexes and NEB ones with two additional bases from adapter and look at nucleotide diversity in each position of 8 cycles. Ideally you should have different nucleotides in each position but even if you have at least one of each bases for green laser (G, T) and red laser (A, C) in each cycle it should be fine. Example (N:A, C, G, T):

N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8

If N7 and N8 are identical bases you have the option of demultiplexing using 6 index bases if they are divergent enough.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
namtran93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucacidhunter View Post
Yu need to write down Nextera indexes and NEB ones with two additional bases from adapter and look at nucleotide diversity in each position of 8 cycles. Ideally you should have different nucleotides in each position but even if you have at least one of each bases for green laser (G, T) and red laser (A, C) in each cycle it should be fine. Example (N:A, C, G, T):

N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8

If N7 and N8 are identical bases you have the option of demultiplexing using 6 index bases if they are divergent enough.
Thanks for your reply. I will design my custom indexes as your suggestion. I hope everything will be good.

Tags
index, miniseq, neb ultra ii, nextera xt