Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Polonator ready for launch!

Genomeweb has a new article about the updated Polonator which sounds like it's ready for launch.

No updates yet to the Polonator website, but I'd check back soon. Dover CTO Kevin McCarthy is a member here, so I'm sure we'll be hearing more any time now.

Great! We are looking forward to some nice improvements on this machine.

Kevin, when your new improved Polonator get ready to ship to the outsides of the US?

Comment

To answer genseq's question, we are at the same point as when we updated the Polonator web site with the FAQ a few weeks ago. Two groups are working on cyclical ligation approaches, and the progress is promising, but still has a ways to go. For the moment, we can only commit to the 26 or 28 bp read lengths (13+13 or 14+14) that have been demonstrated. We will post regarding any imminent read length advances as soon as they appear ready.

To rbhuang's question, we have not yet finalized the plans for our geographic roll out. In this initial phase of our release, precedence is being given to domestic installations.

Kevin

Comment

I have ordered a Polonator through Azco Biotech, and the machine will be arriving at the end of this month and will be ready to test early next month. The CEO of Azco has just visited us here and given a quite nice talk on Plolonator technology.

Comment

Hi, is there any update on the 48 bp reads? The Polonator website says they expected to have more info in Q3 of 2009...

Comment

Hi, the polonator we just ordered is now on its way to my place, and we would not be able to tell anything until the machine arrives and installed.

Comment

seqgirl77: We have several approaches to performing cyclical ligation, but none are yet robust enough to release. SBS (polymerase) is another route, but again, not yet ready for release. One item is that we now have an in-depth Polonator Operator's Manual and User Guide. It is a bit too big for email, but as soon as I return from travel I will get it up on the web site. In the meantime, any interested parties can email me, and I can use our file transfer service.

Kevin

Comment

Feedback?

Has anyone used one of these yet? What is the price? Is there any public data out there yet?

Comment

Yes, we have over a dozen Polonators in the field. In some cases users are still learning how to use them (library prep alone is a bit complex); in other cases, they are in successful production. We will be making a major upgrade to the web site shortly, with a downloadable 150 page Polonator Operator's Manual and User Guide, detailed breakdowns of our very low operating cost, sample data, etc. In the meantime, feel free to contact me directly, using the Contact Tab on the current web site.

Kevin McCarthy

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses