No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlap Graph

Dear All,

I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

Thanks,
    Navin.

Hi Navin,

I am also looking for such software or script. Did you find any till now?
    ~Adnan~

Comment

EDIT: My mistake. It looks like when you post on a subject, the board finds related threads - regardless of age. Looks like an old dead conversation, sorry to have accidentally resurrected it.

Originally posted by navin_elango View Post
      Dear All,

I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

Thanks,
      Navin.
      Unreleased as of yet, but I've just finished writing exactly this. Cn you be more specific about exactly what you're looking for as output, maybe with a line or two of examples?

regards,

Graham
      Last edited by gtoal; 05-20-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses