No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip-seq data questions

Hello
    I need work with Chip-seq of 3 conditions (WT, C and V). It’s single-end.
    When I saw the data, questions born:

1. Each sample has duplicate, but each duplicate has 4 fastq files corresponding to “lanes” of the sequencing. That’s mean that the 4 files correspond to one sample? If so... Would I join the 4 fastq files for work with them as one sample?

2. Other sequencing data are present, with names WTIN, CIN and VIN (each one with 4 fastq files). The text file that I received says: “Each experiment was performed in duplicate, the sequencing was through NextSeq with a 76ntSR reading format, single entry income for each sample marked as WTIN, CIN and VIN.” Someone known whats that mean?

Thanks to everyone!

1- Libraries has been sequenced on a NextSeq flow cell that has 4 lanes so the data from lanes for each library needs to be merged into one file for each sample replicates for analysis.

2- You need to clarify this with data supplier. The terms "WTIN, CIN and VIN" simply could refer to your sample names for WT, C and V, respectively. I would normally name them as WTIN_1, WTIN_2 ... to identify each replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
      1- Libraries has been sequenced on a NextSeq flow cell that has 4 lanes so the data from lanes for each library needs to be merged into one file for each sample replicates for analysis.

2- You need to clarify this with data supplier. The terms "WTIN, CIN and VIN" simply could refer to your sample names for WT, C and V, respectively. I would normally name them as WTIN_1, WTIN_2 ... to identify each replicate.
      Thank you! So I will merge the fastq files.
      Referent to point 2:
      I have 9 folders, 2 for each replicate (WT1, WT2, C1, C2, V1, V2) and other three (WTIN, CIN, VIN). I talked with my friend and he told me that, possibly, the WTIN, CIN and VIN correspond to control of sequencing. So, I will take some reads sequence and will make Blast.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses