SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed with fastq-dump (SRA toolkit) rnaeye Bioinformatics 2 05-06-2017 04:58 PM
shell script for concatenating fastq files JQL Metagenomics 2 04-21-2016 02:13 PM
Help with script that seperates reads from fastq file zisis86 Bioinformatics 0 10-21-2013 07:41 AM
.abi to fasta/fastq conversion script/program? AppleInformatics General 12 08-26-2012 11:17 PM
Help needed for fastq format ketan_bnf Bioinformatics 3 11-17-2010 07:55 PM

Old 01-08-2018, 07:02 AM   #1
kliere

Default Find_primer_sequence_and_reverse_complement_read_within_amplicon.fastq script needed

Hi,

I have a fastq file with merged amplicon sequence reads post Illumina sequencing. However, the library was build by ligating the Illumina adapters to the amplicon. Therefore, the merged amplicon sequences have no common direction. Now I had the idea to use a script that finds the exact sequence of a certain primer and reverse complements those sequence reads within the fastq file. One _is_ able to do this in Geneious, however, I'd rather like to use a script/tool to incorporate into the pipeline I want to establish.
I already looked into BBtools and others, however, couldn't find a tool doing this.

Thank you for any input.

Cheers,

Karsten
kliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
GenoMax

For reference cross-posted: https://www.biostars.org/p/292377/

Copying my comment there below.

Just that part of the sequence or the whole sequence? If whole sequence is fine then you should be able to select matching reads that contain the sequence you are interested in using bbduk.sh and then you can reverse-complement them using reformat.sh.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplicon sequencing, illumina fastq, reverse complement