No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please contact me if you have a bad review for the epMotion 5075

Originally posted by cbird View Post
    We have an epMotion 5075, and it is awful. You have very little control over the machine, the software is sophmoric. It wastes tips, can't be customized, ependorf won't let you make your own labware definitions so you're hostage to their 1 employee that does it, you have no access to the coding language to fix their poor software routines, customer support sucks. Don't buy
    I just found your post about the epMotion 5075. I see it was two years ago but if you are still around would you be able to contact me to discuss your review further. I have some questions for you. We are in the process of gathering information on this robot (specifically bad reviews) and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Are there any updates here regarding good or bad reviews of the epMotion 5075 TMX? Or other models?

Thanks!

Comment

I like the epMotion 5075. I think its a great little robot, especially if you are new to programming these types of devices. I like that it checks to make sure the proper labware is being used and has a lot of fail safes for people who use the device infrequently.

That being said, I do like that the BioMex allows you to define your own labware and you can certainly customize it more then the epMotion, but you have to have the training and time to do that. It does not 'check' to ensure the labware is correct or even present, so I found it to be much more time consuming to learn to program and use.
        Last edited by acockburn; 12-10-2014, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Hacking EpMotion

Hi,
          we have a epMotion 5070 PC and an older 5075 control panel.
          True, they are terribly unflexible. With some trial and error one can define own labware but it's more or less undocumented. We have our own 3D printed plates and had to go through this...
          But I still could not find a way to define my own methods, or better, to control the machine with matlab instead of epBlue. E.g. i need the machine to pipette while moving.

Does anyone have experience on that?

Best

Tim

Comment

I know this is an old thread however - update!

We've had pretty bad luck with the EP Motion - we use it for Illumina TruSeq library prep and we had anywhere from 40%-80% rRNA contamination when using the machine as well as adapter dimers.
            We've since switched over to a hybrid protocol and have been doing the ribo-depletion manually which sucks because it is very time costly.

We've been working with Eppendorf to fix the protocols but haven't had much success..

If anyone has had this experience and has found a way to fix it, advice would be much appreciated!

Comment

Hi ShyN,
              What ribo depletion are you using? We've had good luck with the NEB reagent, and it is a pretty easy protocol. We've been using the EP motion for our polyA libraries with the NEB Ultra II directional kit (1/2 reactions) with very good results. We do some steps off deck, but all of the cleanups are on the instrument.
              Hope that helps.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by firedancer View Post
                Hi,
                We ran the EP exclusively for our Illumina Lib preps as well as qPCR set up. Some tweeks were needed regarding labware definitions and aspiration speeds/depths but once we worked out the kinks we fell in love.
                Is there a way for the end-user to manually tweak the labware definition files, and/or create new ones, or does on have to entirely rely on Eppendorf for those files?

Comment

Originally posted by meyerti View Post
                  Hi,
                  we have a epMotion 5070 PC and an older 5075 control panel.
                  True, they are terribly unflexible. With some trial and error one can define own labware but it's more or less undocumented. We have our own 3D printed plates and had to go through this...
                  But I still could not find a way to define my own methods, or better, to control the machine with matlab instead of epBlue. E.g. i need the machine to pipette while moving.

Does anyone have experience on that?

Best

Tim
                  I'd be very interested in how you managed to define your own labware - can you post a guide and/or PM me? TIA

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                  0 responses