Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On/Off target in cfDNA targeted sequencing Dear Bakhyt, I hope this email finds you

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well.

I prepared cfDNA libraries using ThruPlex TagSeq (Rubicon) starting with 25 ng cfDNA measured using Qbit. In parallel I also prepared similar liberties using matched normal gDNA sheared to 150-200 bp. I captured these libraries using an Agilent custom panel of 0.47 Mb following Rubicon’s instructions (5 cycles PCR). For post-capture I used 16 cycles PCR (as suggested for panels 1 kb-0.5 Mb). Libraries look good after capture.

To be able to run downsampling experiments to determine the amount of sequencing required to obtain a given duplication rate, or to obtain a given family size I sequenced cfDNA samples so that I obtained 110-125 million PE 2x75 reads (220-250 million reads) and 20 million PE 2x75 reads (40 million reads) using NextSeq500 high output.

(Note: I analysed the samples using Curio software (specialized to analyze data from TagSeq), by aligning with BWA-MEM and selecting for UMI containing reads.)

When I analysed the coverage I was surprised to see that while the off-target (as judged by the high number of reads on untargeted regions) was much higher in the cfDNA sample than in the normal sample, the duplication rate (which i expected to be higher) was not incremented whatsoever and, moreover, the family size was actually lower than in normal. I fund this extremely odd. The coverage analysis indicated that ~2.5 million families were formed in both samples.

My question, how can it be that the off target soared without increasing the duplication rate nor the family size?

Any help will be appreciated.

Luciano
    Last edited by Lucianito77; 04-12-2017, 01:47 AM.

Could you explain what the family size means in your post?

Generally you would expect to have less duplication rate if the off-target read number is high.

Comment

Hi Ncacidhunter,
      when using Unique molecular identifiers, each PCR duplicate is grouped in a consensus read. The nunmber of PCR duplicate in a give consensus read is the family size. It's lie deduplicating but the infomation of duplicate reads is preserved and used for error correction.

It is true what you said. What is intriguing is that while I do have high duplictaion rates, most of my off target are reads without PCR duplicates. Is this common?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
      • seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
      0 responses