SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Nextera mate-pair kit, Is it possible to reduce the tagmentation reaction time? ychang Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 04-20-2014 07:16 AM
Illumina Nextera Enrichment Buffers addyblanch Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 02-04-2014 12:53 PM
TruSeq or Nextera kit for library prep? rooty Sample Prep / Library Generation 12 10-29-2013 07:02 AM
input DNA for Illumina´s Nextera XT sample prep kit alpinedna Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-05-2012 07:29 AM
cDNA prep for Illumina using the Nextera kit fgoetz Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 07-09-2012 07:34 PM

Old 03-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
dummyseq

Default Nextera Exome Enrichment kit

Hi,Hello,

I am using 150ng FFPE DNA to prepare a library for HiSeq. After 1st amplification, DNA concentrations are too low, not enough for 500ng suggested for hybridisation. Followed the protocol excatly.

Any advise appreciated. Should I increase PCr cycles from 10 to 12 ?? But with Sure Select Agilent kits we haev seen that increasing PCr cycles decreases conc of DNA.

Thanks
dummyseq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
epistatic

How well did the tagmentation work with FFPE samples? You may have many fragments with one integration site, not allowing for the majority of your sample to have both adapters for the PCR step.

When I have used nextera in the past with amplicons I had to pad the ends to allow for integration space and still sequence the region of interest. I have processed 48 samples with cell line DNA with nextera exome and a bit skeptical it would work well with FFPE.

For FFPE exome I prefer a standard library followed by capture. I usually don't have to shear the DNA very much if at all before making a library.
epistatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
dummyseq

How exactly did you pad the ends??

Thanks
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
epistatic

Apologies for the unclear terminology. I should have said I made the amplicon larger. If I just used the standard amplicon nextera would integrate often only once or if twice it would cut off parts that I wanted to sequence. Too small of amplicons didn't work at all with nextera.
epistatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
snetmcom

I would agree that Nextera with FFPE is not a good fit. You may see a reduced on target as well. Traditional library methods will likely yield better results as epistatic stated.
snetmcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
dummyseq

Has anyone tried increasing TDE for more than 150ng DNA input? We are getting low values even after increasing input DNA and PCr cycles to 12

Any input with FFPE DNA Nextera protocol will be helpful

THanks
Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
ymc

Has this kit been renamed to "Nextera Rapid Capture Exome and Expanded Exome Kits"?
ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
dummyseq

None of the above. It just says "Nextera Exome Enrichment " Kit divided into 3 boxes,all labelled the same
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
dgasx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyseq View Post
Has anyone tried increasing TDE for more than 150ng DNA input? We are getting low values even after increasing input DNA and PCr cycles to 12

Any input with FFPE DNA Nextera protocol will be helpful

THanks
Hi dummyseq,
what about your libraries from FFPE samples? Did you obtain and captured whole exome libraries good for Hiseq?
dgasx8 is offline   Reply With Quote