SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interpreting a PCA plot produced with DESeq2 feralBiologist Bioinformatics 9 11-17-2015 02:24 AM
DESeq2: dealing with count outliers and interpretation of the results Tatsiana_by Bioinformatics 13 11-10-2014 04:33 PM
cummeRbund PCA plot glados Bioinformatics 1 04-22-2014 04:45 AM
cummeRbund PCA plot glados RNA Sequencing 0 04-15-2014 01:08 PM
DESeq2 - varianace stabilized pseudocounts and PCA plot KHubbard Bioinformatics 1 11-05-2013 02:35 AM

Old 03-19-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
CharlesG

Default How do I differentiate outliers from in-group variations in a DESeq2 PCA plot?

I have a PCA plot (please see below) from DESeq2's
HTML Code:
plotPCA(vsd, intgroup=c("conditions"))
function. I have 9 samples distributed in to 3 groups of 3 biological replicates each. My reason for trying to visualise all on the same PCA plot is to see that samples from the same group (condition) cluster together and to see a separation between the clustered groups.

The PCA plot I have is does not appear as I expect and my samples spread out on the plot:

1-Can I just remove a sample which I deem is the outlier and perform a reclustering of the rest on the PCA?

2-What parameter can I use to declare that a point is an outlier rather than an in-group biological variation? From visual inspection, which sample could be an outlier?

3- Can I show a PCA plot where I have just two samples in a particular condition?

4-I also wish to find out if it is allowed to plot more than two groups of sample at a time on a PCA plot.

Thank you in advance for your kind hints.

Last edited by CharlesG; 03-19-2020 at 10:50 PM. Reason: pca plot added
CharlesG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deseq2, pca plot, rnaseq clustering