No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CummeRbund Help

Hi Everyone,

I have small question regarding CummeRbund. Currently, I am getting familiarized with R. Its a very interesting language. Its like an hybrid of Dos and Unix commands from looking at the changing directories and all. All joking aside.

I have taken a look at the gene_exp.diff file and I see that the genes that I am interested are significantly different in expression. The file was viewed through excel.

So the next step I did was download the whole cuffdiff_out folder onto my computer.

I set the folder to cufddif_out folder in R and then ran cummeRbund.

My goal is to show in a nice graphical manner through cummeRbund that these genes of interest (There are about 6 genes) are highly or not being expressed between the two organs. I was thinking of showing a heat map or something along those lines. I am open to any other method as well.

I have followed the cummeRbund manual to no avail.

My Cuff looks like:

Code:
    CuffSet instance with:
     2 samples
     23228 genes
     27180 isoforms
     26643 TSS
     0 CDS
     22615 promoters
     26643 splicing
     0 relCDS
    When I try to look for overall quality:

I get the following errors:

Code:
    disp<-dispersionPlot(genes(cuff))
    Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) : 
    RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such table: geneCount)
    When I try to do Step 5: Exploring the data at the gene level on the iPlant's cummeRbund guide. I get errors as well on step 5.3 on doing the sigGenes portion.

Code:
    sigGenes <- getGenes(cuff,sig)
    Error in sqliteExecStatement(conn, statement, ...) : 
    RS-DBI driver: (RS_SQLite_exec: could not execute1: cannot start a transaction within a transaction)
    This tutorial shows for different gene expression, but is there a method to specify what genes in cummerbund?

I found someone who is wanted to do exactly what I am hoping to do. I tried the solution stated in thier question. Unfortunately, it did not work. I was trying this through Atmosphere - RNA-Seq Visualization Instance.

Code solution from: http://www.biostars.org/p/49966/

I got the following error:

Code:
    myGenes<-getGenes(cuff,MyGeneIds)
    Getting gene information:
        FPKM
        Differential Expression Data
        Annotation Data
        Replicate FPKMs
    RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such table: geneReplicateData)
    I tired again on my MacBook Pro with R... I have received this error with different experiment set with 4 samples this time around. I am still having no luck with this.

I used Cufflinks 2.0.2, Cuffmerge2 2.0.2 and Cuffdiff2 2.0.2 to generate the data files. The gene ids are being protected here for research purposes, but the idea is there.

Code:
    myGeneIds <- c("gene1","gene2","gene3","gene4","gene5")
    > myGenes <- getGenes(cuff,myGeneIds)
    Getting gene information:
    FPKM
    Differential Expression Data
    Annotation Data
    Replicate FPKMs
      RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such table: geneReplicateData)
    This is the tutorial: https://insilicodb.org/differential-...ng-cummerbund/

I have been following these tutorials: https://pods.iplantcollaborative.org...A-Seq_tutorial and the CummeRbund manual: http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1...und-manual.pdf

I would really appreciate any help regarding this. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Figured it out: I had to rebuild the database file

Code:
    cuff<-readCufflinks(rebuild=T)
    Last edited by Zapages; 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses