Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-line Basecaller (OLB) not demultiplexing

We (I) screwed up and lost the control lane from a run. The other lanes are methylC-seq libraries so they cannot be used for the control lane so we wanted to run Illumina's Off-line Basecaller (OLB) using the control lane from a previous run.

We did that with the following command ("pathTo" being the absolute path to the directories or files):
    Code:
    /pathTo/bustard.py --no-controls --CIF /PathTo/130830_SNL119_0101_AC21TTACXX/Data/Intensities --phasing=0.001711212 --prephasing=0.002223242 --matrix=/PathTo/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/Matrix/s_1_matrix.txt --make
    It seems to work for the sequencing read (read 1) but not for the index read (read 2). Pretty much all the reads are going into the undetermined indexes directory. The indexes in the fastq files do not match any of the indexes we use in the lab so it can't be contamination.

The generated fastq files map to their genomes as well as would be expected. Some lanes have multiple species in them and we get mapping to the respective species at the expected percentages.

Anybody have any idea of what the problem is with the index read? They indexes used were compatible indexes.

Anybody have a script that will count the indexes, i.e. all 4,096 index possibilities and get their frequencies?

We are in contact with Illumina customer support but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has encountered this problem with OLB.

Thanks.
    --------------
    Ethan

You could also try to let OLB estimate the (pre)phasing from lane 1, e.g. with just '--control-lane=1'. At least to see if you get any difference ..

I have a script which analyzes the undetermined indices; PM me if you'd like to try.

regards, Sven

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses