No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility between standard titanium and rapid libraries

Hi all,
    We are slated to do some 454Junior sequencing runs for some colleagues. They prepared the library from cDNA mostly following the Roche standard Titanium protocol but they used their own adaptors. We have a 454Junior and Lib-L and Lib-A emPCR kits in house. I suspect there is a compatibility issue but I'm not sure if we have to add Rapid library adaptors to the library to make it compatible wit the 454Junior chemistry or if we have to buy different emPCR and sequencing kits altogether. Anyone run standard Titanium libraries on a Junior? Thoughts?

I haven't ever used a Jr., but I've done a fair number of runs on a FLX. As I understand, the chemistry is the same; only the instrument/plate is different, right? You use the same library and emPCR kits, don't you? If so, then I can't see how the instrument should make a difference. As long as your colleagues used the right sequence for their adapters, it should work fine. It would be a good idea to double check that and make sure. Get the sequences from them and make sure they match the Lib-L or Lib-A sequences and use the appropriate kit.

If they followed the older standard library prep protocol, they will have made a single-stranded library, meaning that you couldn't add Rapid library adapters to the ends anyway.

Comment

Titanium and Titanium Rapid libraries sequence using the same lib L emPCR and sequencing primer. You should be fine unless you try to mix them in the same region. They have non-compatible keys, if I recall correctly.

Rapid libs must be strand denatured prior to emPCR. (They have Y adapters. So each strand is a different amplicon.) Not required for non-rapid libraries.
      --
      Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses