Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard filtering with allele balance

I am looking for some advice on hard filtering based on allele balance (either over the entire cohort or by sample).

Sorry this post my be long but I wanted to give a little background. I have 94 exomes that have been put through the GATK pipeline with the most current best practices. I did VQSR and filtered for PASS variants. I am also setting my minimum depth for each genotype at 20. After doing association analysis in PLINK, it is obvious that I have false heterozygous genotypes and that is giving me significant associations that shouldn't be there. Sanger sequencing these significant SNP's is giving mostly ref/ref where GATK is calling ref/alt. When I look at the vcf of many of these sites, I can see that they just look "wrong". I don't know how to explain it any other way than that. Depth might be high but you have cases where the numbers are like 150/5 and it calls it a het. Sometimes there are no alt alleles and it calls it as a het. I realize that GATK hapcaller is outputting the most likely genotype based on a model and not just looking at raw counts. It was suggested to me that maybe I consider filtering by the allele balance or BAF. In GATK I can annotate my VCF with the allele balance across all samples and I can annotate the allele balance on a per sample basis. Now that I have done that, I am unsure what threshold to set (if any). I want to be able to filter out these "bad genotypes" before running association analysis. At this point would rather have no significant associations versus errors.

I was just hoping for some community feedback on this. Thanks for your help!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
  • seqadmin
    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
0 responses