Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somatic-p-value

I'm new for Vanscan,I have some questions about somatic-p-value. when I call somatic variation ,I set somatic-p-value 0.05 , but in my results varscan has defined as somatic several positions with a p larger than 0.05,anybody can tell me why??

Comment

See above response from jjinking on 11-08-2012.
      "If the alternate allele frequency among the reads is 0.0 for the normal sample and the tumor sample genotype is heterozygous, then VarScan will ignore the somatic p-value threshold and classify the variant as "Somatic"."

Comment

Originally posted by m_two View Post
        See above response from jjinking on 11-08-2012.
        "If the alternate allele frequency among the reads is 0.0 for the normal sample and the tumor sample genotype is heterozygous, then VarScan will ignore the somatic p-value threshold and classify the variant as "Somatic"."
        Thank you ,I misssed it

Comment

Hello,

I used VarScan2 in the somatic mode for WES of paired samples. Now, I have WGS data of paired samples. It seems to me that in theory, there is no reason for not using VarScan2 in the same way on WGS data. In my search of how to process these data, I haven't seen someone using VarScan. Is it because of time consumption (With SomaticSniper, it takes around 5 hours for genome samples of 27 and 28x - with varScan2, it takes around 3 hours for exome samples with 100-100x)? Or is there additional reason?

Jane

Comment

Dear Jane,

Any idea why I got this error message when running VarScan compare
            File 1: ./Control_RF.vcf
            File 2: ./Tumor_RF.vcf
            Loading positions from file 1
            Warning: Unable to parse chrom/position from #CHROM POS ID
            REF ALT QUAL FILTER INFO FORMAT Blood

Thanks,
            LIFS

Comment

I had the same error message using processSomatic. It turned out to be a problem with the locate, which was non-UTF-8, see here on Biostars. Add
              Code:
              export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
              to the beginning of your script and retry.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
              0 responses