No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison of NGS analyser tech info

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before so maybe I'll just be pointed to an old thread, but:

Basically I'm looking for an up-to-date comparison of the major NGS analysers' main technical info - perhaps in table format?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin

Does noone have any ideas on this?

It would be aprticularly useful to get an idea of the cost per run of the major contenders (454, Solid, Solexa).

Thanks in advance

Comment

I found this comprehensive comparison:

We're Sorry, The requested object or URL could not be found. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or has been removed. Please visit the homepage to get back on track.

Can someone advise whether any of the info is very outdated? I think the document is from March 2008.

Thanks

Comment

there's http://www.clcngs.com/2008/12/ngs-platforms-overview/ which has some about everything but the price per base.

Comment

Really useful, thanks

I'm a newbie so forgive me for asking - Do the Solid 1 and 2 and Solexa GA and GA II represent old (outdated) models?

Comment

Not being immensely familiar with them myself, I know the GAIIx is an upgrade to the GAII machine, and I presume the GA is an older machine.

Please note that the list always contains the 'largest run' - ie. you can run a GAIIx with only 36 bp which makes a single run considerably faster (but in the end I guess is about the same/a little less throughput, but lower latency)

Comment

Originally posted by gavin.oliver View Post
              Really useful, thanks

I'm a newbie so forgive me for asking - Do the Solid 1 and 2 and Solexa GA and GA II represent old (outdated) models?

I can only speak about the SOLiD, 1 and 2 are old versions. They have come out with the 3, the 3+, and in a month or two will bring out 4. By the end of the year (we shall see) 4hq. Times are a changin'!

Comment

I'm a bit confused about the accuracies. Some sources suggest Illumina is more accurate than ABI and some suggest the opposite. The specs on their respective websites would seem to suggest that the SOLiD is currently the most accurate when running at full capacity.

Comment

Next Generation Sequencing spreadsheet

Hi all,

I've generated a spreadsheet with the numbers I've compiled from different blogs and news announcements.

If anyone has any corrections or knows any other systems or data points, I've made editing public.

If you want to embed it to a webpage, you can copy+paste the following link:

<iframe width='500' height='500' frameborder='0' src='http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=twmPdmhilecE5bex4WiHPLw&single=true&gid=0&range=A2%3AR25&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>
                  Last edited by avilella; 01-30-2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by avilella View Post
                    Hi all,

I've generated a spreadsheet with the numbers I've compiled from different blogs and news announcements.

If anyone has any corrections or knows any other systems or data points, I've made editing public.
                    Oh my god, I can't access google spreadsheet from China..
                    Xi Wang

Comment

Hi all,

<iframe width='500' height='500' frameborder='0' src='http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=twmPdmhilecE5bex4WiHPLw&single=true&gid=0&range=A2%3AR25&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>
                      Nice work!
                      http://kevin-gattaca.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cost per run of different platforms

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how much it costs every time you turn on one of these instruments. Can you all help approximate? I know it vaires on application, so a range is acceptable.

I know the HiSeq is ~$20K (10K if just one flow cell), but what about
                        GAIIe:
                        SOLiD4:
                        SOLiD PI:

?

Comment

Originally posted by Xi Wang View Post
                          Oh my god, I can't access google spreadsheet from China..
                          That's why BGI set up shop in Hong Kong.

Comment

Hi all,

Is this really correct? I think on Illumina's official page, HiSeq 2000 is max 200Gb/run and GAIIx is max 50Gb/run.

Comment

Originally posted by ymc View Post
                              That's why BGI set up shop in Hong Kong.
                              So does google...
                              Xi Wang

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses