Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutPrimers: new tool for removing primer sequences from targeted NGS reads

I present you new tool for removing primer sequences from NGS reads that were obtained during sequencing amplicon-based targeted panel. You can download it from https://github.com/aakechin/cutPrimers. It runs under any OS: Linux, Mac OS, Windows. If you have any question, you can ask me.

Now, cutPrimers remove primer sequences only from unmapped reads in FASTQ-files. Later, it will be able to cut primer sequences also from mapped reads.

I will be glad to answer for any questions about its use.

Thanks for updating. Does this work on every windows version?

Comment

I tried it only on the Windows 7. Thank you for the question. I'll try it on the Windows XP and Windows 10

Comment

Thanks for replying. Please let me know once you get some results of trying it on other OS. I had to discuss this with my Boss.

Comment

I fixed some bugs for using in Windows. And I approved that it works now in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows XP will be a little bit later

Comment

Unfortunately, cutPrimers does not work in Windows XP, because in Windows XP you can not install Python 3.6 and can not install Biopython module, because you can not install Visual Studio C++

Comment

When are you going to add a BAM processing option?

Comment

This can be done quickly and easily (I think during a week), but now I don't know how to efficiently read BAM-files in such a way that it will work in Windows. All exisiting Python modules need samtools that doesn't work in Windows. Maybe you know some variants or you can offer me some good algorithm?

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.
                  Maybe you could add this option at least for Linux users?

Comment

Originally posted by garrulus glandarius View Post
                    Thanks for the prompt reply.
                    Maybe you could add this option at least for Linux users?
                    I'm not sure that I will be able to do it in this year (2017). Maybe in 2018. Why don't you want to use cutPrimers before mapping?

Comment

Because, as far as I know, primer sequences aid in alignment process. Thanks for your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by garrulus glandarius View Post
                        Because, as far as I know, primer sequences aid in alignment process. Thanks for your answer.
                        It depends on the fragments that you study and the length of reads. In the most of cases, IMHO, sequence of amplicon without primers should be enough for good mapping.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                        0 responses