SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bam output file to psl file fahim Genomic Resequencing 1 12-26-2010 12:27 PM
MIRA:454 scaffolds polishing by Illumina reads discussion Patrick 454 Pyrosequencing 0 10-16-2009 06:46 PM
Discussion and explanation about Roche's 454 GS20 / FLX / Titanium?! edge 454 Pyrosequencing 1 10-05-2009 11:22 PM
Towards Forming a Policy on Commerical Posts (OPEN FOR DISCUSSION) ECO Site Feedback/Suggestions 2 09-03-2008 09:14 AM
NYAS:Deep Sequencing RNAi Discussion Group Meeting (3/10/08) NY,NY lgoff Events / Conferences 0 02-20-2008 06:22 AM

Old 04-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
edge

Default Genewise program output file discussion

Does anybody familiar with genewise program and know how to save the Genewise program output file into a new file?
I got two input file now:
1. A single dna fasta sequence of genome.fasta.masked (output file of RepeatMasker program)
2. Unitprot.fasta (protein database without formatted, in fasta format)

My purpose is wanted to run my genome.fasta.masked sequence against the unitprot fasta. Whether I needed to format my unitprot.fasta file by using NCBI "formatdb" before running the genewise program?
In my case, whether "genewise" or "genewisedb" more suitable to use to map my genome.fasta.masked sequence against the unitprot.fasta database?
Besides that, how I can save the output result of genewise program?
Command that I have tried:
/genewise/wise2.2.0/src/bin/genewisedb -prodb unitprot.fasta -dnas genome.fasta.masked -gff > output_result.gff
I plan to output the genewise program in gff format then save it to a file called (output_result.gff)
Thanks.
edge is offline   Reply With Quote