SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > SOLiD

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
qPCR reagent recommendation HICORE Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 08-29-2011 02:55 PM
Sequencing reagent stability AciBASE 454 Pyrosequencing 6 03-02-2011 04:27 AM
library reagent units and conc niceday Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 02-15-2011 06:45 AM
Reagent costs per run gavin.oliver General 1 02-12-2010 03:40 AM
GS-FLX reagent shelf lives bbeitzel 454 Pyrosequencing 2 10-08-2008 08:02 AM

Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
eoh001

Default reset reagent

Hello
I observed a strange sequence result for two times.
The run seemed OK until a certain point, and sequnce quality collapse and the low sequence quality retained until the end of the run.
Two Times !!!
I found that the sequnce quality drop down right after resetting new primer. and I found that there was a reset process right before applying new primer from the log file.
I checked the reset reagent, and the reset reagent bottle was almost empty!!!
I am not sure that the low sequence quality mainly from the shortage of the reset reagent, but I am kind of positive.

Anyone has an experience of running out of the reset reagent?
Any idea about the low sequence quality observed from the first cycle of new primer?
eoh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
bioits

Since there is no cleave step after last cycle of each primer, if you run out of reset buffer, any further ligation won'thappen and most likely the instrument will just repeat to scan the last cycle of the primer before reset. What you can do is to get a new bottle of reset buffer and rerun the primer with low quality as far as you haven't clear the run and slide is still sitting on the instrument.
bioits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
GenoMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoh001 View Post
Hello
I observed a strange sequence result for two times.
The run seemed OK until a certain point, and sequnce quality collapse and the low sequence quality retained until the end of the run.
Two Times !!!
I found that the sequnce quality drop down right after resetting new primer. and I found that there was a reset process right before applying new primer from the log file.
I checked the reset reagent, and the reset reagent bottle was almost empty!!!
I am not sure that the low sequence quality mainly from the shortage of the reset reagent, but I am kind of positive.

Anyone has an experience of running out of the reset reagent?
Any idea about the low sequence quality observed from the first cycle of new primer?
Deleting the comment. Did not see that the original comment referred to a SOLiD machine.

Last edited by GenoMax; 07-07-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Wrong forum post
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
SeqAA

There is a list of required volumes for each buffer in the appendix of the instrument manual. You sometimes have to add more reset depending on the type of run.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
asaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeqAA View Post
There is a list of required volumes for each buffer in the appendix of the instrument manual. You sometimes have to add more reset depending on the type of run.
Agreed. I have noticed also that the reset buffer get sucked up a little faster than the manual states on my solid 4. However I think it is always a good idea to pause at a safe pause point and check your buffer levels if you think any of your reagents will come close to running out based on your calculations at the beginning of your run.
asaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
sciencegnome

As a general rule we change the bottle of reset buffer when we change the tags. We have a huge surplus of that particular buffer so "when in doubt, change it out".
sciencegnome is offline   Reply With Quote