SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Core Facilities



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N50 and N90 contig size refer to? edge Bioinformatics 27 07-13-2015 03:13 PM
Sequencing facility chunhui Service Providers 11 06-23-2011 05:28 AM
Recommendations for sequencing facility crh Core Facilities 9 06-15-2011 01:13 PM
Operations Manager, Sequencing Facility se5k Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 0 04-14-2011 05:02 AM
IPAR is now a big, expensive door stop kmcarr Illumina/Solexa 5 07-24-2009 10:28 AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
memento
Member
 
Location: UK

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 49
Default Anyone can refer good and not too expensive exome sequencing facility?

We are looking at a small pilot project, 50-100 exomes (we prefer Illumina based core). Already have some exp with OtoGenetics but their SureSelect capture based option seems pricey. Anyone ? Thanks (not sure if that is the right category to ask for it but....)

Last edited by memento; 02-15-2012 at 08:54 AM.
memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Bukowski
Senior Member
 
Location: UK

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memento View Post
We are looking at a small pilot project, 50-100 exomes (we prefer Illumina based core). Already have some exp with OtoGenetics but their SureSelect capture based option seems pricey. Anyone ? Thanks (not sure if that is the right category to ask for it but....)
http://www.ogt.co.uk/exome_sequencing_offer

Obvious disclaimer applies!
Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Gone
Member
 
Location: SHENZHEN,GUANGDONG,CHINA

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Default

BGI,you may choose.
http://en.genomics.cn/navigation/sho...vigation.id=92
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
TonyBrooks
Senior Member
 
Location: London

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 298
Default

We've tested a number of exome service providers and are now going to regularly use Axeq.
We were quoted <700 per exome using Nimblegen's latest capture.
We had a number of communication problems and delays with BGI.
TonyBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
Geneus
Member
 
Location: New Jersey

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBrooks View Post
We had a number of communication problems and delays with BGI.
What was the matter...wasn't Ryan getting back to you in time?
Geneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
ocouronne
Junior Member
 
Location: Columbia University Medical Center

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
Default $999 exome

We do $999 at the Columbia Genome Center. That includes all reagents, Agilent SureSelect XT Human All Exon v.2 44Mb, Library preparation, 60X depth mapped coverage, 100bp Paired End reads, sequenced on Illumina HiSeq2000 instruments, 2 months data storage, QC, reads mapped to the human reference genome, single nucleotide variants and short insertions/deletions, basic functional annotation of the variants, and summary statistics. Our average turnaround was 55 days last quarter.

I can send you recommendations from PIs who use our service. We take orders from all over the world.

We will be happy to answer any questions at sequencing@columbia.edu

Our FAQ is here:
http://genomecenter.columbia.edu/?q=node/15

Last edited by ocouronne; 02-21-2012 at 09:58 AM.
ocouronne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Gone
Member
 
Location: SHENZHEN,GUANGDONG,CHINA

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBrooks View Post
We've tested a number of exome service providers and are now going to regularly use Axeq.
We were quoted <700 per exome using Nimblegen's latest capture.
We had a number of communication problems and delays with BGI.
so can you detail the problems?maybe we can give you feedback.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Geneus
Member
 
Location: New Jersey

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
so can you detail the problems?maybe we can give you feedback.
If he is in the UK, shouldn't your European subsidiary be addressing these issues? Or do they lack the competence to do so?
Geneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
Gone
Member
 
Location: SHENZHEN,GUANGDONG,CHINA

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneus View Post
If he is in the UK, shouldn't your European subsidiary be addressing these issues? Or do they lack the competence to do so?
Yeah,U're right!BGI-Europe will handle all issues in local region.
Anyway,we'll try our best to do any kinds of problems.
you know customer forever is God!
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
Geneus
Member
 
Location: New Jersey

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Yeah,U're right!BGI-Europe will handle all issues in local region.
Anyway,we'll try our best to do any kinds of problems.
you know customer forever is God!
Yes...that's the way Mr. Mason would want it.
Geneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
kamichailo
Junior Member
 
Location: Raleigh

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Best and smartest sequencing facility around is Expression analysis
kamichailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
ECO
--Site Admin--
 
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichailo View Post
Best and smartest sequencing facility around is Expression analysis
This should (perhaps obviously) be noted as biased.
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #13
Geneus
Member
 
Location: New Jersey

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECO View Post
This should (perhaps obviously) be noted as biased.
LOL...nothing like full disclosure.
Geneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO