SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fastq adaptors removal/stripping/cleaning Gianza Bioinformatics 16 01-04-2012 07:01 AM
cleaning cp, mt and rRNA from reads tarias Bioinformatics 3 09-26-2011 02:12 PM
PubMed: ngs_backbone: a pipeline for read cleaning, mapping and SNP calling using Nex Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 06-05-2011 07:00 AM
454 data nitinkumar Bioinformatics 4 02-23-2011 02:24 PM
sff_extract: combining data from 454 Flx and Titanium data sets agroster Bioinformatics 7 01-14-2010 11:19 AM

Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #21
Jose Blanca

I think that I have fixed the problem. The fix is included in the psubprocess that I have just released, could you try to reinstall psubprcess with this version?
Jose Blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #22
grassgirl

Default How does GS Assembler determine qual cutoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya View Post
Hi Jose
I am trying to do quality trimming and filtering 454 reads. The adaptors and primers and barcode sequences are already removed.I am not allowed to specific minimum quality threshold to clean bad quality reads. I don't understand why? How does it do quality trimming.
thnx
I am wondering this myself. We have a Junior with v.2.5p1 software and it appears (by scanning many qual scores) that the lower cutoff is 10, although I see a few zeros in there (is this a glitch)? I looked through the GS Run section of the manual on filtering and could not find a place to set the qual score threshold nor an explanation of what the cutoff is. I'd hate to assume it is 10 based on a visual scan of some qual scores. Anybody have an idea?
grassgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #23
Jose Blanca

I would recommend to to a quality boxplot to understand how every run went. You have an example of a boxplot here:

http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/courses/s...ead-statistics

It is the thrid chart.
Jose Blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
grassgirl

Thank you, Jose. After looking at the link you sent, I found that our bioinformatics center has a program to do just that. I am completely new to sequencing so I appreciate your help.
grassgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #25
Himalaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvee View Post
I suggest trying SeqTrim.
You can set minimum quality based on a defined window size, minimum length, etc.
You can also run it command line, or online.
www.scbi.uma.es/seqtrim/
hi essvee
Do you know how seqtrim cleans up the low quality bases. I mean the actual steps or methodology? My sequences are already clean from primers and adaptors. I just need to clean low quality bases. I couldn't find it in published papers(2007 and 2010) and in downloaded tar file. Please let me know where i can find the working principle of cleaning low quality bases.
Thanks
Himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #26
Himalaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs View Post
I like PRINSEQ (http://prinseq.sourceforge.net/). It comes as web and standalone version and does all the QC and data pre-processing that you need.

The application note also contains a short comparison with similar tools (http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.../27/6/863.long).
HI Rob
Can you show me where can i find the working principle of prinseq? I would like to know how prinseq trims off the low quality score bases?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #27
Himalaya

Finally I got QTrim to quality trim the 454 sequence reads. It also outputs the graphical plots showing the quality trend of reads before and after quality trimming. QTrim is available here
hiv.sanbi.ac.za/software/qtrim
Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #28
maryluzyl

Hi
someone knows how to change parameters in seqTrim by command line
Thanks so much
Mary Luz
maryluzyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #29
JackieBadger

any 454 data should always be re-called using PyroBayes....much more accurate base-caller and significantly improves data quality
JackieBadger is offline   Reply With Quote