SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viewing Tophat results in IGV SEQquestions Bioinformatics 19 10-17-2014 12:12 PM
MUMmer VS blastp anyone1985 Bioinformatics 13 02-11-2013 08:52 AM
When viewing a BAM, can you specify regions of a certain coverage? oiiio Bioinformatics 3 01-10-2012 07:59 AM
Too few aligments using Bowtie raulcruz Bioinformatics 0 05-30-2011 09:46 PM
Global Alignment With Mummer (Parameter for Gap Extension & Opening Cost) peveralldubois Bioinformatics 0 03-07-2011 12:45 AM

Old 02-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
twaddlac

Lightbulb Viewing Mummer Aligments

Hey Guys!

I'm assuming that a lot of you out, like myself, use the bejesus out of mummer. If your PI is anything like mine, they prefer the results to be graphical, colorful, and aesthetically pleasing. If both of these criteria are true then you should check out the "coords-view" script that I wrote that views the output of 'show-coords -lcTH' as a pile-up sort of view. Here's the link to the Sourceforge page. Feedback is highly recommended and a citation if at all possible

It requires the Bioperl-graphics-2.25 and the intent is to allow all parameters of the Bioperl graphics modules to be implemented and fully customizable. This script still needs some work (which it is undergoing now) but it still produces nice images and is easy to use from the command line.

The interface follows that of the mummer software and I will stick to that. I'll also take suggestions and try to implement them as best I can. If you do use it, please provide feedback (good or bad), thank you very much!
twaddlac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioperl, mapping, mummer, perl