Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you replace "filename.sff" with the real file name when you ran the command? Or is your file actually named "filename.sff"?

Code:
    $ strings your_actual_file_name.sff | grep run_type
    Can you post the size of the SFF file?

Code:
    $ ls -lh your_actual_file_name.sff

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      Did you replace "filename.sff" with the real file name when you ran the command? Or is your file actually named "filename.sff"?

Code:
      $ strings your_actual_file_name.sff | grep run_type
      Can you post the size of the SFF file?

Code:
      $ ls -lh your_actual_file_name.sff
      yeah I typed my real file name in the place of filename, and size of the file is 607.1 mb

Comment

Originally posted by paa6 View Post
        yeah I typed my real file name in the place of filename, and size of the file is 607.1 mb
        I am getting this thing after typing ur commands...

Comment

So the size looks decent for a SFF file (recollecting from distant past, have not dealt with 454 data for a long while).

Do we have any additional information beyond where we left things off last night?

I have not used this program before but it seems to be able to use SFF files. Do you want to see if your file will work with this: http://www.dnabaser.com/download/SFF%20tools/

Comment

I am getting this thing after typing ur commands...
            this is the thing i am getting...attachment in screenshot

Comment

So the size looks decent for a SFF file (recollecting from distant past, have not dealt with 454 data for a long while).

Do we have any additional information beyond where we left things off last night?

I have not used this program before but it seems to be able to use SFF files. Do you want to see if your file will work with this: http://www.dnabaser.com/download/SFF%20tools/
              last night I have tried sff workbench too...but sadly my .sff file was not imported..dont know why?? it was showing error...infact sff workbench is pretty easy..

Comment

If that is the case then there is a distinct possibility that your SFF file is corrupt. Is there any chance that you can go back to whoever generated the data and ask for a fresh copy?

Comment

BTW: Can you edit the title of this thread (and keywords if you had put in any) in the first post? This thread is not related to illumina sequencing and it will show up in future searches.

Comment

If that is the case then there is a distinct possibility that your SFF file is corrupt. Is there any chance that you can go back to whoever generated the data and ask for a fresh copy?
                    hoe so...I am waiting for PI an dI will discuss with him...hope so that he will understand everything...ok I will try to change the title...

Comment

hoe so...I am waiting for PI an dI will discuss with him...hope so that he will understand everything...ok I will try to change the title...
                      You will have to choose "edit" and then "Go Advanced" to be able to edit the title.

Comment

I did change it...and will let u know what is he saying...still waiting for him...

Comment

HEY i DID talk to him and luckily he understood...thanks a ton...

Comment

HEY i DID talk to him and luckily he understood...thanks a ton...
                            i HAVE ONE MORE que. geneious doesn't support .sff file format...

Comment

Well, you have a SFF file with a missing manifest. Probably corrupted.

Again, ask your PI for the "complete" dataset. There went probably something wrong during transfer. For the SFF file check the MD5 sum before and after copy process, just to be sure, that it has been transferred completely.

And, yes, it seems that geneious does not support native SFF import :-(
                              But if you have the complete dataset you can just use use the fna/qual pair (always use the quality files if available), just as intented from the very beginning :-)

But of course, you can have a look at "sff_extract" or Roche's "SFF Tools" just to be able to deal with SFF files on the command line.

regards.

Comment

Originally posted by sklages View Post
                                Well, you have a SFF file with a missing manifest. Probably corrupted.

Again, ask your PI for the "complete" dataset. There went probably something wrong during transfer. For the SFF file check the MD5 sum before and after copy process, just to be sure, that it has been transferred completely.

And, yes, it seems that geneious does not support native SFF import :-(
                                But if you have the complete dataset you can just use use the fna/qual pair (always use the quality files if available), just as intented from the very beginning :-)

But of course, you can have a look at "sff_extract" or Roche's "SFF Tools" just to be able to deal with SFF files on the command line.

regards.
                                hmm ok thanks, I will try that..

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses