SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie Question: Calculating physical coverage from genome coverage tristanstoeber Illumina/Solexa 4 06-24-2013 10:53 AM
How to detect random mutations by genome resequencing? forestsong Genomic Resequencing 4 12-02-2012 01:27 PM
Platforms/strategy for sequencing of new genome/resequencing of a known genome rameshka General 3 12-01-2012 02:54 PM
Genome resequencing and phylogenetics rcapper Genomic Resequencing 0 11-07-2011 03:35 PM
High-throughput genotyping by whole-genome resequencing lry198010 Literature Watch 1 06-15-2009 04:55 AM

Old 02-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
abastkowska

Default Which coverage for resequencing genome

hey, I would like to sequence a genome (~800 MB). We have already the genome of the same species but different strain sequenced with 90x. Which coverage is recommended for resequencing genomes on a hiseq? I would like to identify snps, structural variations, genome rearangements (....) afterwards.
thanks
Alex
abastkowska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
ymc

I suppose that means you have a reference sequence. Then I think 30x is enough if you use PCR-free kit. But most likely you don't have 1-2ug DNA, then 60x is more appropriate. If your genome is AT-rich, you might want to need to do some special treatment.
ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 AM   #3
abastkowska

I have another question regarding the resequencing project. What methods are commonly applied to subsequenctly assemble the genome when a related reference genome is available. I found velvet (columbus variante) and samtools also provide also a function for assembling mapped reads (mpileup). Is there a standard program for assembling genomes using reference based approaches?
Many thanks in advance.
Alex
abastkowska is offline   Reply With Quote