No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truseq mRNA PCR cycles

Dear all

i was wondering if anybody can help answering this Question?
    I do estimate the number of the PCR Cycles should be used to amplify the Ligated Product according to the qPCR Quantification using these methode: take 1 μl of you adapter-*‐ligated DNA and mix it with 1 μl of TruSeq PCR Quantification Primer Mix (25 μM), 8 μl H2O and 10 μl 2X SYBR Green Master Mix. Run on qPCR machine with same perimeters as used for library amplification with 25 cycles.
    Determine the number of cycles it took to get to 50% of amplication (late log phase)and use that number of cycles minus minus X.
    I found out same times that the number of the cycles needed for some of the samples is 6 cycles!
    i m not sure which is the minimum of the number of cycles you should not go under? any experiences about this issue? i will be appreciate if i get some feedback. Thank you
    Last edited by Seq-MDC; 06-19-2013, 02:03 AM.

While 6 cycles does seem really low, I've done as few as 5 cycles with good results. If you are worried you could do an extra cycle or two (no more that 8 total) and the library should still be OK. I've found the best thing is to trust the qPCR, if it indicates 6 cycles is optimal I would use that number.

Comment

Thanks ZWB
      i think too that we can trust the q-PCR

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses