SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Library peak-let contamination at high end of TruSeq BioAnalyzer trace Acacianpunk Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 06-10-2014 06:13 PM
Extra peaks in a bioanalyzer trace for library made from ePCR amplicon dtm2451 Sample Prep / Library Generation 15 06-09-2014 06:47 AM
Smaller than expected Bioanalyzer peak for size-selected RNAs? kerhard Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 03-07-2013 08:43 AM
Ideas on Bioanalyzer trace for ChIP-seq library? orlatron Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 05-14-2012 10:02 PM
Ladder-like bioanalyzer trace on supposed 150bp DNA sample library Ace5858 Illumina/Solexa 1 03-31-2012 01:39 PM

Old 08-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
yuehuang

Default 16S-V4 library peak at smaller bp in bioanalyzer trace

Dear All,

I used 16S-V4 kit(BIOO Scientific) to make libraries of DNA extracted from fresh plasma. But the dominant peak is at 350bp, instead of 450bp as suggested by the kit protocol. It's my first time to use this kit. Would anyone kindly help me what this peak could be and what I should do to make it correct?

BTW: the input DNAs were all below 5ng, so I strictly follow the protocol the manufacturer provided and set the PCR II cycles at 22.

Thanks much!

Yue
Attached Images
File Type: png 16S-v4.PNG (72.0 KB, 25 views)
yuehuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #2
Bioo Scientific
Registered Vendor

Hi Yue,

We would be happy to help you with this. Can you contact Bioo Scientific’s technical service at BiooNGS@biooscientific.com or 512-707-8993?

Regards,
Bioo Scientific
Bioo Scientific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
yuehuang

Thanks much!

I'm discussing this with Brad, your technical support. He's helpful, I believe we will figure this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioo Scientific View Post
Hi Yue,

We would be happy to help you with this. Can you contact Bioo Scientificís technical service at BiooNGS@biooscientific.com or 512-707-8993?

Regards,
Bioo Scientific
Old 08-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
adam.geber

yuehuang, would you mind sharing your findings here when appropriate? I use a different method to make 16S libraries but have experienced similar sizing discrepancies in the past so I'm interested to know how you and Bioo interpret these results.
adam.geber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
yuehuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.geber View Post
yuehuang, would you mind sharing your findings here when appropriate? I use a different method to make 16S libraries but have experienced similar sizing discrepancies in the past so I'm interested to know how you and Bioo interpret these results.
Adam, I used to using V1-V3, couldn't get the exactly pure one band peak either, much more impure than the one I showed here. But I used Pippin Prep to pick the correct size libraries, which help us get decent MiSeq data. It's the first time I used V4, I'm following Brad's suggestion to see what's gonna happen. But I'm working on human microbiome, other than gut microbiome, I can't be sure if my samples contain bacteria. Anyway, I will update this thread if those libraries get sequenced.
Good luck!