SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best pipeline for DE and fusion gene using tophat? ymc Bioinformatics 14 08-17-2013 06:21 PM
Typical TopHat/Cufflinks pipeline? Aurelien Mazurie Bioinformatics 5 08-02-2012 12:23 AM
Bowtie2 in the Tophat/Cufflinks pipeline? jdanderson Bioinformatics 1 12-30-2011 06:10 AM
any pipeline for tophat with 454 sequences? feng RNA Sequencing 0 11-29-2011 05:41 PM
tuning the tophat/cufflink pipeline oliviera RNA Sequencing 2 06-08-2010 11:49 PM

Old 06-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
lagrace

Default TopHat-HTSeq-DESeq pipeline (HELP PLEASE!)

Hello all,

I am having an issue with importing my information(6 .txt files) within the directory using Linux and R. The pipeline that I am using is TopHat-HTSeq-DESeq. This may be simple, however, I am no expert. I have 6 .txt files in a directory called htseqresults. Within that directory, I go to R (by typing R). The following is what I attempted:

>library(DESeq)
> datafile<-system.file(path="/home/work/HTSeq/htseqresults")
> datafile
[1] ""

I attempted to use the Differential expression of RNA-Seq data at the gene level –the DESeq package. The data is not stored in my computer, instead is stored in the server. How will I be able to import these 6 .txt files? Is it possible to do collectively? Do I have to import each at one time?

Please help.

AH
lagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
neavemj

At some stage those 6 .txt files will need to be combined into a single data frame (table) for DESeq analysis. You could do this beforehand in python or bash, or after importing them into R.

If you're not familiar with scripting perhaps the easiest would be to import each file separately in R:

count_sample1 <- read.csv("/home/work/HTSeq/htseqresults/sample1.txt", sep="\t", row.names=1)
colnames(count_sample1) <- "sample1"

count_sample2 <- read.csv("/home/work/HTSeq/htseqresults/sample2.txt", sep="\t", row.names=1)
colnames(count_sample2) <- "sample2"

etc.

Then combine them into a data frame using merge:

combined_counts <- merge(count_sample1, count_sample2, etc., by=row.names)

Something like this should work depending on the HTSeq output format. Check the R help pages for "read.csv" and "merge" for further info.

Good luck!
neavemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:44 AM   #3
lagrace

Thank you so very much neavemj!!!!
lagrace is offline   Reply With Quote