Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowtie on Galaxy - multiple amplicon sequences instead of reference genome

I am trying to use Bowtie in Galaxy via the web GUI to align Miseq generated amplicons. Our amplicons are from a multiplex PCR and thus instead of a single reference sequence we have a number of (27 to be exact) short sequences (250 - 400 bp) as the references. Now the products can align against any of these, so in the ideal situation I need to be able to upload a sigle file with all the different sequenes and then after alignment generate a table to say how many reads were aligned agaist which sequence. I tried to do this but get a failure message in Galaxy. Is it possible for this to be done or do I need to creat a file where all the sequences are strined together?
    Thanks a advance.

Did you do it this way? http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Learn/CustomGenomes

Comment

My ref sequences are in FASTA formates with compatible lengths per line
      However the file is something like

>Ref_amplicon1
      AAAACCGGTTTAA
      >Ref_amplicon2
      GGTTCCAAAAAA
      >Ref_Amplicon3
      CCCTTGGAAA

I am not sure if this would be an acceptable form

Comment

That format should be fine.

The failure message is for what step? Is the alignment failing or something else?

Comment

Actually, alignment went OK, my mistake in posting.
          When I wanted to convert SAM-BAM an error came. Also, I tried to filter the alined SAM data, the number of sequences remaining in the end were very low by just using the paird reads flag only. Our service provider used bow tie script based method and gave summary tables to us, which showed a high percentage of aligned reads!, Not sure where things go wrong.

Comment

This is the error I get on trying to get the coverage stats...

An error occurred with this dataset: Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.io.tmpdir=/space/g2main [Thu Apr 04 12:10:28 EDT 2013] net.sf.picard.sam.CreateSequenceDictionary REFERENCE=/space/g2main/tmp-gatk-dbNNN9/gatk_input.fasta OUTPUT=/space/g2main/tmp-gatk-dbNNN9/dict7890443155236506554.tmp

Comment

Are you using the main galaxy site or a local mirror?

Comment

I am using the Galaxy site at https://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/ Not a locally downloaded version..

Comment

Have you posted to the galaxy help list ([email protected])? They are very helpful and prompt to respond.

Comment

Yes I did, unfortunately no reply yet. I tried to send an error message too. Still no feed back.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses