SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your favourite qPCR kit for Illumina library QC? ScottC Sample Prep / Library Generation 28 03-18-2016 03:08 AM
454 reads correct with illumina biocomfun 454 Pyrosequencing 6 02-12-2012 03:00 AM
exome capture kit from Illumina lingfung.tang Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 01-27-2012 03:33 AM
Exome sequencing with Illumina Kit lingfung.tang Illumina/Solexa 5 02-13-2011 09:16 PM
SPRI-TE Illumina library preps GW_OK Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 08-23-2010 09:13 AM

Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Heisman

Default Correct kit for qPCR on Illumina preps?

Greetings all,

We would like to start doing qPCR on our library preps, which are generally paired-end for the HiSeq2000. Is there a specific kit out there for this purpose? The following kit is stated as being for the GA: http://www.genomics.agilent.com/Coll...il&PageID=2053

If you guys use reagents not found in a kit, what do you use and how do you design your primers? Thanks a lot!

By the way, I searched through thread titles but the most promising threads were from September of last year, so I'm not sure they are still relevant.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
kwaraska

There is a kit from Kapa for library quantification that works well.

We are using a homemade kit using Kapa SYBR reagents, primers, and PhiX as a standard curve. We tried the Kapa kit and it was just as good as ours, but ours is less expensive.
kwaraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaraska View Post
There is a kit from Kapa for library quantification that works well.

We are using a homemade kit using Kapa SYBR reagents, primers, and PhiX as a standard curve. We tried the Kapa kit and it was just as good as ours, but ours is less expensive.
Thanks for the reply! How do you design your primers for the paired-end preps? I'm a rookie at qPCR so please excuse my ignorance.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote