SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automatisation for library prep kant1_IC Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 05-10-2012 07:59 AM
Library Prep Comparison sphil Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 05-08-2012 05:33 AM
miRNA library prep Vern Illumina/Solexa 5 03-26-2012 09:33 AM
Library prep can you get both mRNA and small RNAs in the same library? willgordon Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 07-20-2011 11:31 AM
need help with library prep seqgirl123 Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 01-25-2010 02:38 PM

Old 10-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
wacguy

Default library prep and...

Hi all,

I'd like to make a library from a small sample size (a few hundred cells) and I'd like to keep strandedness, and to get whole RNA (ie, not using poly(T) but random oligos). After a month and a half of digging, I've set my mind on Trizol prep>DNase treatment (Qiagen)>Ribozero depletion (Epicentre) and library preparation (ScriptSeq v2 RNA-Seq Library Preparation Kit, Epicentre). I'm not sure I will have enough RNA for the depletion and I was thinking, is there any reason not to start with library prep that also involves amplification and then go for rRNA depletion? Also, two technical question; for precipitation of RNA, NH4Ac or NaAc? How do I make the Ammonium acetate RNA-free, Sambrook and other protocols say not to autoclave and any filtration will not get rid of RNase.

Thank you very much everyone and have a great weekend,
Guy
wacguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Bitar

Sigma makes an RNAse free Ammonium Acetate, 7.5M (A2706-100ml) which is what I use in my RNA preps. Works well.
As for your other question, not sure RiboZero would work on cDNA (double stranded, DNA vs RNA, etc).
Bitar is offline   Reply With Quote