SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reduced representation library for snp discovery fastidiousme Bioinformatics 0 03-05-2012 11:17 AM
Reduced Representation library protocol Helena.meally@teagasc.ie Illumina/Solexa 4 03-05-2012 11:06 AM
PubMed: High-throughput SNP discovery through deep resequencing of a reduced represen Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-09-2010 07:00 PM
SNP: standard representation francesco.vezzi Bioinformatics 2 04-02-2009 02:36 AM

Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
fastidiousme

Default Reduced Representation Library construction for SNP discovery

Hi,

I am preparing to go for SNP discovery in a plant genome by constructing reduced representation libraries. I already have quite a few published papers for reference. However, I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a working protocol for selection of a suitable Restriction Enzyme (meth-sensitive or meth-insensitive) for an entire genome and for constructing an RRL using the same RE.

Thank you in advance.
fastidiousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
uranotaenia

Default RAD Wiki

Have you had a look at the RADSeq Wiki?
https://www.wiki.ed.ac.uk/display/RADSequencing/Home

There is a working protocol for library prep there and an Excel spreadsheet for selecting enzymes based on genome size, GC content and predicted number of enzyme cut sites.
uranotaenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
fastidiousme

Thank you very much Uranotaenia! I will check this link out and let you know if it helps.
fastidiousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
ngs.analysis

Default RRL sequence -unique SNP calling in unaligned regions.

Hi, we have a prepared library of RRL sequences for the an un-assembled genome (tetraploid). the region of interest is 250 bases long, sequenced 72 BP single end. We are using 1 of its parent genome as a partial reference. We also need to call the SNPs from the region which has not been aligned to our partial reference genome??? can some 1 suggest some tools that will help in the downstream analysis.
ngs.analysis is offline   Reply With Quote