SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bioanalyzer expired RNA Nano 6000 kit arkal Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 10-08-2012 11:36 PM
Associate Scientist (R&D) at Epicentre: Madison, WI epibio Industry Jobs! 0 07-30-2012 09:52 AM
Bioanalyzer High Sensitivity Kit Software BandH Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 05-10-2012 02:15 AM
Questions on cutoff setting of FPKM value & know genes filtering in Cuffmerge result zhlingl Bioinformatics 0 04-05-2012 04:31 AM
Binary characters in cuffcompare result & Questions on cuffdiff nkwuji RNA Sequencing 3 11-03-2010 02:01 AM

Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
wacguy

Default Epicentre kit & Bioanalyzer result

Hi there,

I start constructing RNA-seq libraries after a few month of planning it, from Arabidopsis root material. My initial sample size is very low but using RNAzol, I can get total of 10-15ng high quoality RNA in 10microliter. I decided to try and make a stranded library using the Epicemtre Ribo-zero (for leaf, it is their best kit now and was recommended by their rep) followed by the ScriptSeq v2 RNA-Seq Library Preparation Kit (although the RZ requires 100ng and I had ~10). I was following the protocol (including the AmpureXP) and made 18 PCR cycle as a last step (using index # 1 reverse primer) and surprisingly got a nice library. It looks good on a gel, could amplify 3 genes by PCR but I want some opinions about the bioanalyzer (attached) result: first curve is my library and the second is a colleague + control. Specifically, what are 2 picks around 46 bp (primer dimer) and why do I have the shoulder of long fragments. Last, the index primers kit mentions that each primer (reverse) is 64 bases, seems very long to me.

Thanks a lot,
Guy
wacguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
CHHALD

Dear Guy

I can see from your post that you tried the Scriptseq v2 kit using 10 ng total RNA as input. I have the same problem as you with low levels of starting material, although I have about 30 ng per sample.

I am hoping that you could let me know if you ended up using the Scriptseq v2 kit, and if you were happy with your results.

Best,
Christa
CHHALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #3
wacguy

Hi Christa,

Yes, I was using it and it all works well (for the Ribo-zero, I use half of the amounts as one of their reps suggested me, and it also saves money). I succefuly ran the Toxedo package and could identify many interesting things, the only problem is that I had very low mapability, which I still don't know the reason for.

Let me know if uoi have any more questions,
Guy
wacguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
CHHALD

Dear Guy

Thank you for the quick answer! I will go on to try it myself!

Best,
Christa
CHHALD is offline   Reply With Quote