SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
multiple lines per single gene in gene_exp.diff output of cuffdiff reut Bioinformatics 2 03-09-2015 04:16 AM
Cuffdiff NOTEST for splicing.diff Greg Bioinformatics 5 11-14-2011 05:22 AM
Why can't cuffdiff identify splicing difference Jolin Bioinformatics 0 10-14-2011 08:30 AM
multiple FPKM problem for single gene in gene_exp.diff after running cuffdiff ngs RNA Sequencing 4 03-30-2011 01:55 PM
Strange cuffdiff result (disagreement between tracking and diff files) jebe Bioinformatics 0 07-01-2010 10:42 AM

Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Greg

Default Cuffdiff splicing.diff

Hello everyone,

I just want to clarify the differences between two of the cuffdiff output files, splicing.diff and isoform_exp.diff. Splicing.diff tests whether or not the relative contribution of different isoforms is significantly different between treatments independent of the expression level of that gene (eg tissue 1 is 80/20 for two isoforms and tissue 2 is 50/50). Isoform_exp.diff tests if the expression level of the isoforms is different, this might say there is a significant difference in isoform levels even if the ratio of the different isoforms is the same across treatments. Do I have this correct/clear enough?

Also, in both cases I am getting the majority of isoforms are coming out as a NOTEST. Could I be doing something wrong or do I just not have enough depth?

thanks in advance!
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
sindrle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Hello everyone,

I just want to clarify the differences between two of the cuffdiff output files, splicing.diff and isoform_exp.diff. Splicing.diff tests whether or not the relative contribution of different isoforms is significantly different between treatments independent of the expression level of that gene (eg tissue 1 is 80/20 for two isoforms and tissue 2 is 50/50). Isoform_exp.diff tests if the expression level of the isoforms is different, this might say there is a significant difference in isoform levels even if the ratio of the different isoforms is the same across treatments. Do I have this correct/clear enough?

Also, in both cases I am getting the majority of isoforms are coming out as a NOTEST. Could I be doing something wrong or do I just not have enough depth?

thanks in advance!
If the ratio is constant.. How can you say individual isoforms changes..?
sindrle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tophat bowtie