No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up Variant Frequencies in TVC

Hi everybody,

Currently, I am using Ion PGM Ampliseq Cancer Panel Hotspot v2 and Torrent Variant Caller.
    Usually I have only few number of coverage, for example 30 of 200base reads. Sometimes this kind of data will not appear in TVC. I was wondering if the coverage of my data is too low or do I set the stringency too high.

I always set the variant frequency to "somatic" but I am little confused because in the user guide said that for somatic workflows the threshold is set to 4% frequency for SNPs and 20% for indels. But as you can see in the picture, the minimum variant allele is 0.02 (is it equal to 20% or 2%?)

upload img

Somatic:

image hosting websites

Germline:

photo sharing sites

Thank you for your attention, your help is much appreciated.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses