No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in library enrichment

Hi,
    I got a problem in my library preparations.
    I tried to prepare 180/230 bp libraries. I have used NEB reagents and illumina PE adapters and primers for my library preparations.
    I am getting the expected size fragments after PCR enrichment. However, the concentration is too low, ~10 ng/ul. I have repeated the same many times but did not get a high yield.
    Could anyone please tell me what should I change to get high yield?

Thanks.
    Meganathan

10 ng/ul is enough to sequence. When you dilute a library to 10 nM it is typically about 2 ng/ul

Comment

And the new, v3, cluster kits offer an option of using 2 nM libraries. That should be available on HiSeqs and HiScanSQs. (Not sure about GAs).

--
      Phillip

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        As a beginner, I would like to know your experiences. Is it not looking odd to get such a low amount of amplification when I am using 5 ug of gDNA for my library preparations? or is it normal to get such a low amplification?
        Meganathan

Comment

Yes, but there are lots of things that can go wrong.

First, my experience is that most gDNA concentrations estimation are done by UV spec, which tends to mean that they are a 10-100x overestimate of the true amount of DNA. This is because most genomic DNA preps are largely RNA (possibly degraded with RNAse--but that has little effect on the amount of UV the RNA absorbs.)

So there is that. Past that, the biggest issue is that contaminants in the DNA prep (ethanol, etc.) can inhibit end-repair post-shearing. That can drastically lower yields.

--
          Phillip

Comment

though you got lower than 2nM, you would change conditions for template preparation, which should end up at 12 pM-ish. So, it would not be a problem, but you may concern that your library would have lower complexity.

Comment

Originally posted by sehrrot View Post
              though you got lower than 2nM, you would change conditions for template preparation, which should end up at 12 pM-ish. So, it would not be a problem, but you may concern that your library would have lower complexity.
              Hello,sehrrot.I also have a problem about the PCR richment during library preparation。I also have got some unexpected fragments which are about 100bp smaller than the expected fragments after PCR。 Have you got the same problem?What should I do to avoid the problem?Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses