X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to retrieve human rRNA annotation

Dear all,

I noticed that there is a comprehensive database on rRNA:

However, as lack of some biological background knowledge, I failed to get the information for the human. Do anyone know how to retrieve the rRNA annotation of the human genome? Or from some other sources?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
    Xi Wang
    Xi Wang

if my correct understanding, you want to get the list of rRNA in Human. if so, you can get it by using biomart.

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Could you please provide more details?

Xi
      Xi Wang

Comment

in biomart:http://www.biomart.org/
        first martview-->choose database(ensembl56 sanger UK)--> GRCH37-->fiters-->gene-->gene type-->rRNA
        you can get more information from this websit

Comment

Thank you very much!
          Xi Wang

Comment

Looks like the outlook of the Biomart has changed. Could you please provide more detail instructions where and how to donwload the human rRNA sequence!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Katie1 View Post
              Looks like the outlook of the Biomart has changed. Could you please provide more detail instructions where and how to donwload the human rRNA sequence!!!
              I had a quick look through the new version of biomart. Hope the steps below would help.

visit http://central.biomart.org/
              Tools / Gene retrieval / Ensembl
              1. Select Database (GRCh37.*) ; 2. Restrict Search -> Gene Biotype -> rRNA
              Click GO, you will get the list.
              Xi Wang

Comment

Originally posted by Xi Wang View Post
                I had a quick look through the new version of biomart. Hope the steps below would help.

visit http://central.biomart.org/
                Tools / Gene retrieval / Ensembl
                1. Select Database (GRCh37.*) ; 2. Restrict Search -> Gene Biotype -> rRNA
                Click GO, you will get the list.
                Hi - it seems to me that this steps will give you only loci of 5S rRNA

Can anybody suggest better source of rRNA sequences? (I need to map my reads against rRNAs and tRNAs to estimate contamination)
                Lukasz

Comment

HI,

Follow this at http://www.arb-silva.de/ to get the human rRNA:
                  SILVA > Eukaryota > Metazoa > Chordata > Craniata > Vertebrata > Euteleostomi > Mammalia > Eutheria > Euarchontoglires > Primates > Haplorrhini > Catarrhini > Hominidae > Homo

Cheers,
                  Jakob

Comment

Thanks Jakob!
                    Very nice database

Comment

I also saw this post (last entry) on finding rRNA and tRNA sequences, which might be helpful. For human hg19 it gave me a list of about 3700 rRNA sequences which I am using with Picard's collectRnaSeqMetrics filter. The BioMart list is about 500, but I haven't investigated the differences.

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

By the way, I would be interested in hearing rRNA/tRNA contamination rates, particularly after eukaryotic ribodepletion protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by JakobHedegaard View Post
                        HI,

Follow this at http://www.arb-silva.de/ to get the human rRNA:
                        SILVA > Eukaryota > Metazoa > Chordata > Craniata > Vertebrata > Euteleostomi > Mammalia > Eutheria > Euarchontoglires > Primates > Haplorrhini > Catarrhini > Hominidae > Homo

Cheers,
                        Jakob
                        Hi,

I want to download all human rRNA genes and as suggested by you I have gone through this database but the only confusion I have is it does not report whether it is 5.8S rRNA gene sequence or 18S rRNA gene sequence.

I am concerned whether I will get all rRNA genes or will I miss something.Also are these for latest human genome build that is GRCh37.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
                        Neha
                        Last edited by neha; 03-25-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses