This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I'm a Master's student studying autophagy expression in Drosophila.

I am new to this type of technology, but I am very fascinated with its capabilities and potential, and I hope to use the Illumina sequencing services to assist me in my thesis project

I'm very grateful for this online community!

Comment

• Hello,

I am a Staff Scientist in a new genomics center for the U.S. Army. We using 454 and Illumina and our focus is on infectious disease genomics. I am pretty new to genomics and hoping to learn a lot from this forum.

Comment

• Hi! from Japan

Hi, everyone

I just started analysing RNA-seq on my work.
        This site is sooo helpful for beginners like me!

I am excited with discovering new genes or small RNA from NGS data!!

when I will ask some questions on this site,
        please help me !!

Comment

• Originally posted by zun View Post
          Hi, everyone

I just started analysing RNA-seq on my work.
          This site is sooo helpful for beginners like me!

I am excited with discovering new genes or small RNA from NGS data!!

when I will ask some questions on this site,
          please help me !!
          Hi Zun,

I also just started a RNA-seq project and would be interested to hear how things progress for you.

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisaw01 View Post
            Hi Zun,

I also just started a RNA-seq project and would be interested to hear how things progress for you.

Chris
            Hi, Chris
            Thanks for reply

Wow,it seems difficult to define infectious desease genome
            because there are so many mutations in it...

Now, I finished bowtie, tophat,cufflinks,cuffcompare to RNA-seq data.
            Next, I am going to visualize the result with Gbrowse.

I am also interested in your study !
            I am very happy to hear your progress if possible ;b

zun

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm a Master's student at the University of Manitoba, Canada. I'm in the department of Medical Microbiology, but I've been thrown into all this bioinformatics stuff! While I find it very interesting, it's also very overwhelming when it comes to the computer side of things. I only have very basic knowledge of HTML, C++, javascript and now I'm slowly learning Perl. I'll be posting lots of questions very soon!

Comment

• Hello All

Hi,
                I am Uday Deshpande, working as a Professor Bioinformatics at Bharati University, Pune, India. Currently involved in developing Center of Excellence in Genomics and Proteomics. would like to share experience of next-gen seq data analysis. That why I am here.

Comment

• Hello, everyone

I am a postgraduate in animal genetics and breeding. The subject I work on is about the copy number variations of domestic animals. The next generation sequecing provides the possibility for the detection of CNVs in the entire genome. Now I am still a newcomer in the field of high-throughput sequencing and I am here to learn.

Best wishes!

Comment

• Intro

Hi,

Im working with data Sequenced using Illumina's Cluster Station and GA2 with Paired-end Module and SCS v2.3, I've been interested in the process of taking the data from the image files through the workflow into a format for analysis. I have run into alot of issues and questions that Have been handled well by Illumina's Tech Support.

Im hear to learn from other peoples issues and maybe gain more understanding about NexGen Sequencing.

--JaKaiser
                    --JaKaiser

Comment

• Hi

Hi,

I am work in the Bioinformatics Unit at Bar Ilan University,Israel. Most of our users have sequenced their data using illumina. I am fairly new to next generation sequencing and greatly appreciate stumbling across this forum.

Tirza Doniger
                      --
                      Tirza Doniger, Ph.D.
                      Bioinformatics Unit
                      The Mina and Everard Faculty of Life Sciences
                      Bar Ilan University

Comment

• Hello Everybody,

I'm involved in a NGS project with Saccharomyces cerevisiae using the ABI SOLiD v4 system, so just wanted to say Hi and hope we can share problems and come to common solutions using this interface

Have a good day

Pawan

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm a postdoc at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Before that I was at the Genome Sciences Centre in Vancouver. I've been working on RNAseq, ChIPseq, pathogen discovery and other analysis of (mostly) Illumina GAII data. I've been using this forum for a while but finally joining to start making contributions.

Obi

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I'm a PhD student in computer science and computational biology in the Biomedical Engineering department at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). I'm currently working on trying to detect structural variations and genomic rearrangements using Illumina mate pair data. Thanks to everyone who's already posted to the forums and made this such a great resource for someone like me who's just getting started.

Chris

Comment

• Hi everybody,

My name's Hoang Bach, I'm a doctor in Microbiology Department of College of Medicine and Pharmacy in Vietnam. I'm currently trying to study on genomic of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and i'm just getting started. Thanks to everybody who made this forum and who posted.

HBach

Comment

• hi all,
                                I'm new to this forum, but it seems like a great place to find information relating to RNA-seq. Currently, I'm a PhD student using methods like Illumina sequencing of mRNAs to study cell fate determination in C. elegans. I'm looking forward to reading and learning on this site! -Mireille

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses