Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoter or enhancer regions BED format

Hi all, One can download a BED file of human genome with exonic and intronic chromosomal coordinates.

I wanted to know if there is such a file for promoter or enhancer sites, best if it was in BED format.

Thanks in advance. A

UCSC genome browser -> genome of choice (hg18 or hg19) -> Tables -> Groups(Genes...) -> Track (RefSeq)

When you output you have the option of selecting the format (bed) and can pick whether you want the whole gene (you can then parse out the exons) or some distance up or downstream of the genes (so, say 2000bp upstream of the 5' end would be a promoter area).

If you want enhancers you can use a track with the histone methylation/acetylation marks that correspond to enhancers (I always forget which one it is - h3k27acetylation?)

Comment

enhancer associated gene

hello,

I have peaks which are overlapping with enhancer regions. Now, my question is which gene are regulated by these enhancers. Therefore, I need idea how can I retrieve information of genes of related enhancers. (any tool or something!!)

Thanks.

Comment

Try using the more recent Encode-derived annotation at Ensembl. ensembl.org/info/data/ftp/index.html

Comment

Usually the closest genes surrounding the enhancer region are more likely to be regulated by such enhancer. This is the general assumption used in most papers I read about enhancers.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            Yesterday, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses