Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAM to BIGWIG

I'm trying to convert a BAM file to a BIGWIG file on my mac using the following link:

https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbb/blo...m_to_wiggle.py

Could someone explain what commands I have to put into the terminal (or in Sublime Text)? My BAM file is called Galaxy6RmDupdata.bam. I couldn't figure this out myself from the explanation in the link itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Stijn

Hi ,

What did you try ? it seems to be something like :
    bam_to_wiggle.py Galaxy6RmDupdata.bam --outfile path_to_the_result

Tristan

Comment

Hi Tristan Again!

I tried:

$ python BAM_BIGWIG.py Galaxy6RmDupdata.bam

This worked but it got me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "BAM_BIGWIG.py", line 136, in <module>
      main(*args, **kwargs)
      File "BAM_BIGWIG.py", line 62, in main
      convert_to_bigwig(wig_file, chr_sizes, config, outfile)
      File "BAM_BIGWIG.py", line 108, in convert_to_bigwig
      cl = [get_program("ucsc_bigwig", config, default="wigToBigWig"), wig_file, size_file, bw_file]
      File "/Users/Stijn/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bcbio/pipeline/config_utils.py", line 188, in get_program
      return _get_program_cmd(name, pconfig, config, default)
      File "/Users/Stijn/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bcbio/pipeline/config_utils.py", line 214, in wrap
      raise CmdNotFound(" ".join(map(repr, (fn.func_name, name, pconfig, default))))
      bcbio.pipeline.config_utils.CmdNotFound: '_get_program_cmd' 'ucsc_bigwig' {'cmd': 'wigToBigWig', 'dir': 'wigToBigWig'} 'wigToBigWig'

Now I downloaded the wigToBigWig file and put it in the same directory as the python file, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something with the wigToBigWig file now...

Comment

Well dependency !!! Enjoy !!
        Just a think what is the next step with your bigwig ? Are you making an annotation or something ?
        I think you have to install wigToBigWig from UCSC (http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/admin/exe/) to solve the errors as you said. did you download the exe (wigToBigWig) ?

Comment

I clicked on your link, then on macOSX.i386/, then downloaded wigToBigWig.
          I put this file in the same directory as my BIG_BIGWIG.py. But I still get the same error...

Comment

I think you have to install it

Comment

Do you know how? Until now I just have the wigToBigWig file which isn't readable actually. Also the command:

$ pip install wigToBigWig

gives the following error:

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement wigToBigWig (from versions: )
              No matching distribution found for wigToBigWig

Comment

It's an exe in linux you have use it using ./wigToBigWig , don't for mac. Same you have to give right to your system to use it and if it's call by BIG_BIGWIG.py you have to had the path to the exe to your system variables then it knows where found it. I hope i m understandable ...

Comment

I'm not sure I quite follow. I'm running this on a mac, so i think I clicked the right links?
                  And if I understand correctly I should not rename the python program?

Comment

Sorry i miss a word i would say i don't know about mac. The think is if i understand right BIG_BIGWIG.py use wigToBigWig to calculate something, and to call it he need to know where is wigToBigWig.

Comment

Code:
                      pip install --user deepTools
                      bamCoverage -b Galaxy6RmDupdata.bam -o Galaxy6RmDupdata.bigWig

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
                        Code:
                        pip install --user deepTools
                        bamCoverage -b Galaxy6RmDupdata.bam -o Galaxy6RmDupdata.bigWig
                        deepTools actually prove pretty hard to get to work - one conda environment and pip they fail to install with separate errors, and another conda environment they seem to install fine, but throw a segfault when executed.

Comment

Originally posted by apredeus View Post
                          deepTools actually prove pretty hard to get to work - one conda environment and pip they fail to install with separate errors, and another conda environment they seem to install fine, but throw a segfault when executed.
                          It's rare to see reports of installation errors anymore, especially with conda. If you have installation errors with conda then it's likely that you managed to somehow break your conda installation. Without actual error messages or reproducible segfaults I can't be of any help.

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
                            It's rare to see reports of installation errors anymore, especially with conda.
                            I know, that's why I was surprised - two separate installations, two different errors!

If you have installation errors with conda then it's likely that you managed to somehow break your conda installation. Without actual error messages or reproducible segfaults I can't be of any help.
                            So, in the instance when it appears to install without any errors, bamCoverage produces the following error:
                            bamCoverage
                            File "/home/apredeus/miniconda2/bin/bamCoverage", line 4, in <module>
                            from deeptools.bamCoverage import main
                            File "/home/apredeus/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deeptools/bamCoverage.py", line 8, in <module>
                            from deeptools import writeBedGraph # This should be made directly into a bigWig
                            File "/home/apredeus/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deeptools/writeBedGraph.py", line 9, in <module>
                            from deeptools.utilities import getCommonChrNames, toBytes
                            File "/home/apredeus/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deeptools/utilities.py", line 3, in <module>
                            import pysam
                            File "/home/apredeus/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pysam/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                            from pysam.libchtslib import *
                            ImportError: libhts.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In another installation, it generates this error:
                            RuntimeError: module compiled against API version 0xb but this version of numpy is 0x7
                            File "/pub37/alexp/miniconda2/bin/bamCoverage", line 4, in <module>
                            from deeptools.bamCoverage import main
                            File "/pub37/alexp/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deeptools/bamCoverage.py", line 8, in <module>
                            from deeptools import writeBedGraph # This should be made directly into a bigWig
                            File "/pub37/alexp/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deeptools/writeBedGraph.py", line 5, in <module>
                            import pyBigWig
                            ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

Seems like it doesn't have the HTS library in the first case, and is compiled against wrong numpy in the second. Couldn't figure out the way to fix either easily though, so ended up doing it the old way (bedtools + begGraphToBigWig).

Comment

The first error is due to a broken pysam installation. Just remove pysam and reinstall it. The second error is due to changing the version of numpy installed (you want 1.13.*). As a rule of thumb, it's best to install conda packages in separate envs. That way (A) you can use multiple versions and (B) you can update/remove packages in one env without breaking them in another.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses