Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNP annotation

Hi all I'M currently performing my first exome sequencing analysis following the GATK pipeline, at this moment I have ended the VQSR and have a final VCF file ... however the question is what is next. (all this performedusing as reference the hg19 genome)

in the web appear 3 options
    BEAGLE
    SNPeff
    Annovar

I use SNPeff using this code:
    java -jar snpEff.jar eff -c snpEff.config -v hg19 -o gatk SNP_INDELS_Recalibrated.vcf > SNPeff_final.vcf

when start the run the program selects several variants but also appear this message "Skipping malformed SnpEff effect field....."

I dont know if is due to loss of compatibility or other thing.

After that I've runned the GATK VariantAnnotator and appear a new VCF file ... is this method correct?. Its only one single sample so cant do an analysis with pedigree.

What tool do you recommend? how interprete this data. and how obtain a reliable output maybe an Excel file or other class.

Thanks for your help

You can try to upload your vcf file to VarioWatch (http://genepipe.ncgm.sinica.edu.tw/v...n.do?mega=true) to see if the annotation can be done.

Comment

yeah, today I've uploaded my VCF raw to http://gvsbatch.gs.washington.edu/Se...n138/index.jsp and wAnnoVar but I didnt know this tool, also for exome analysis is better to work with B37 or hg19?

after have the data result ... how I can work with it? can I transform it to a Excel file?

Thnak for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by kamilo889 View Post
        for exome analysis is better to work with B37 or hg19?
        Those are different names for the same thing. There are multiple revisions of it (e.g. 37, 37.1, 37.2, etc) but the coordinates should be compatible. HG20/GRCh38 has now been released for over 6 months, so you should consider that, too. You should use the latest version that is compatible with the rest of your data and pipeline - for example, if you are trying to correlate SNPs with the results of a study based on HG19, then obviously you should use HG19. But if you are starting from scratch, use the latest.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses